 Trains / Train Organizations / 1452
Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 14:54:29 GMT

"James J. Trobaugh" wrote:

There wasn't any real pre-show advertising other than a little sign in the
store, but the Outlet mall itself had been promoting the day as a Memorial
day sidewalk sale for all the stores, we were basically the LEGO Outlet's
contribution to the sidewalk.

Okay, so it appears that most of the enthralled weren't even expecting to even
see a LEGO train layout; it was just their lucky day! (NOBODY expects a LEGO
train exposition... our weapons are bricks and surprise...;-) [1]

The store doesn't normally "track" train sales, but after reviewing sales
for the day there was a larger than normal sale in train sets and
accessories.

That's very impressive to me, because people weren't expecting to buy LEGO
train stuff when they came as they might if they were attending a train show.
I really think that there is a kind of fever that one gets when one encounters
a layout such as yours, or any of the LTC's.  There is such an impression that
it creates a desire to take a part of the experience home in a physical form.
My little theory anyway:-)

-John

[1] apologizes to Monty Python