 Trains / 11570
Re: Italian ETR500 in 8-wide
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:37:45 GMT

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote:
When you run out of pieces...well, just don't have the ones you'd like to
build a certain model, you turn to LEGO CAD.  MLCAD is just great!

This is a first go at the Italian ETR500 passenger set.
Loads of green.  Ugh.

This model is 8-wide.
Tapered nose similar to my 6-wide Acela.
Moderate SNOT about the nose.
It's got CAD tilt, but untried in real-life 8-wide form.
Maybe the pantagraph is interesting?

later,
James Mathis
PS:  Gianluca, I hope you like it.  Some additional details needed, but I
hope this first version looks fairly close to what you might ride in your
country.  It looks like a very nice train set.

Hi James,

very nice model! When I saw your APT design some days ago I immediately
thought of how the tilting mechanism would have been great for a model of
ETR500.
I hope I have enough green bricks to actually build your ETR500, and maybe
try and figure out myself the tilting mechanism from your description. You
didn't post any picture, did you?

BTW, I'm going to join the Dark Side too and enlarge the ranks of the 8-wide
Evil Empire :-)

Ciao
Mario