 Trains / 11532
11531  |  11533
Subject:
8-wides coming around soon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 01:59:23 GMT

I'm starting work on some 8-wides now, but I've built a few 6 wide
containers.  I'm interested how other people build containers for 8-wides?
For all of my trains I've decided to count 1 stud as 2 feet to make train
cars shorter (only used on trains). That way an SD90MAC, which is 109' would
be rounded down to 108, and divided by 2 to make 54 it studs long.  So my
first container is 6x10 to make it a 20' container, but to match my
semitrailers (at 5 blocks tall they look very strange.  So i went with 4 now
they look short, so i'm going for 1 or 2 plates in there.  Has anyone else
built a 6 wide container, or does eveyone still use 4 wide containers?

(wow, thats long...)
Josh