 Trains / 11598
Re: 8-wides coming around soon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 23:30:49 GMT

Josh Baakko wrote:

<snip> • <snip>

Anyway, good luck with the SD90MAC. I am looking forward to seeing what that
monster is going to look like.

Chris

Yeah I'll be starting soon, I like that 70 stud Idea, and the container cars
are close to the length of a SD40-2.  The well is 48' on most mordern well
cars (In the USA).  I figure 12-14 studs for a 20' container.
Josh

  My 20 footers are 16 studs, so 12-14 would be good...of course I would lean
towards the 14 side ;) I made my wells just big enough to fit my 40' (32 stud)
containers so I cheated and made my cars a bit shorter than they should be.
  I'll be interested to see if 70 studs is too long. I am sure you'll let me know.

Chris
--
See some of my LEGO creations at http://cmasi.chem.tulane.edu/~lego/