 Technic / *9701 (-100)
  Announcing 'Nyaneo' - The first ever Land Of Bricks MOCM!!

Hey all, Well, the time has come to officially announce the first ever 'MOCM' award given out by Land Of Bricks ( (URL) ). It was a hard decision to pick the first ever winner of this award but after lots of narrowing down I came up with a MOC that (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general) !!

  Technic ATV et al

Hi all, So I've come out of the dark ages finally and decided to join lugnet to bask in and osmose the combined (astounding) wisdom of the builders here. Haven't done much since coming out of dark ages (didn't do much before either, to be honest). (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  MIBO Kits, Any interest?

I'm thinking of putting together a MIBO starter kit which would include: 5 rotation sensors 7 turntables 1 micromotor 1 chain link pack (108 pieces) 1 copy of Jin Sato's book (includes complete MIBO instructions and NQC code) 5 mini-motors 2 RCX (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LBrick.com is up and running

(...) I'm feeling free and I think it's a nice page with some interesting projects! I'll add your page to the "to be added on the links page"-list I keep for LoTek :) Best regards, /Tobbe (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator

(...) <<snip>> Hey that's a very impressive model! It's also comforting to see another LEGO maniac having problems with the laws of physics Vs. the toy LEGO actually is. Sometimes I forget LEGO is "just a toy" and expect it to perform better. When I (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  New Bionicle pictures

There are pictures of the new versions of the Toa at www.marzdistribution.com. (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: LEGO movie?!?

(...) movie first in the late 2002 or early 2003, and if that is successful, then they will release a feature film....which will be played in movie theaters, in order to gain additional sources of revenue. At least, the way I gather it to be. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: LEGO movie?!?

(...) Looks like it will be straight to video and DVD Here's some more info: (URL) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Take Your MOC to Work Day

(...) The semi-"offical" day is listed here: (URL) is near the bottom of the list under BYFMTWW. I guess at first, it was only a day...but it has evolved into a more festive length...a whole week. Ben (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Take Your MOC to Work Day

Well, I don't know if an official day exists (I do know there is a day for minifigs), but I hauled the R996 to work with me today. (URL) been a lot of fun showing it to everyone. I guess it's good practice for the trip to Brickfest. TJ (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator

(...) Thanks! Hopefully you'll get to see it again soon. -TJ (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator

TJ: Mighty! (TJ was gracious enough to give me a sneek-preview of this bad-boy in person a couple of months ago, and even unfinished, it was awesome.) You've raised the bar yet again. james (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Where's the Technic???

(...) Adr. Lego Company seems to have forgotten about the best sets they have ever offered. The larger more difficult Technic sets seem to have vanished. Maybe I will have to go toEuropean sources to find Eitech or Merkur sets that are challenging. (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator

(...) That's a good idea (the not-so-wee one ;-) I could probably take out the air tanks and add a second compressor in the body of the model. (...) Fortunately the tubes and wires in my controller are easily accessible. Oh yes, we'll have some fun! (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator

"Thomas Avery" <thomas.avery@intec-hou.com> wrote in message news:Gz1otv.DMC@lugnet.com... (...) How about bolting on a wee (or not so wee) compressor onto the hand controller? Get something driven by two gear motors in there and you'll be sorted (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8475

(...) [snip] (...) Wow! this sounds like it might be pretty useful! Those motors sound interesting...plenty of scope for breaking gears... Any info on the full throw of the proportional output? Thanks for the review! ROSCO (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  8475

8475 RC Race Buggy – A quick initial review This is a 27 MHz remote control vehicle set. It isn’t called Technic, but it is primarily composed of Technic parts, some new, at least to me. The transmitter has two thumb control joy sticks, one up/down (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic news group

(...) Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the feedback. (...) Well, I'm just lazy. Only kidding ;-) I started to find it more difficult to maintain the POTW and SOTW pages. This is a result of the lack of new Technic sets from Lego. I guess (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator

(...) I think with that size of a model, it's fairly easy. With a model as compact as your crane, I'm sure it would have been a lot more difficult. It does take a bit of room to accommodate panels, and they all must retain a little structural (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator

(...) Thanks! I'm going to keep this model built for quite a while, so you'll definitely have a chance to see it. TJ (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator

(...) Thanks! The greatest thing about most of these new parts is the smaller cross section dimensions, when comparing traditional Technic beams to studless beams (or full-width lift arms): (URL) pieces that are equal in height and width allows for (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator

(...) Let's hope that it's heavy duty enough to survive the torturous journey through airport baggage handling. (...) Um, no. That would be many, many rail cars. I do have one flatbed car, but it's not 8-wide ;-) TJ (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator

(...) Looking forward to it. I hope you (and others from Down Under) can make it as well! (...) Yes, and operation of the digging arm is very slow once the tanks are depleted. I'd really like to add a few more compressors. The hand pump on the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator

(...) I hope so. That minifig is just about on scale with the model. The real machine must be quite an impressive sight. (...) Oh, the drama! ;-) (...) Neither do I! I guess I need to stop using the old style 24t gears (the ones with two extra axle (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Technic news group

Hi, TJ, I'd like to say I'm very happy with what you've done with our small part of Lugnet, the Technic page is now much more useful and interesting than it used to be. Thanks ! What happened to the "set of the week" & "part of the week" ? Also, I (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator

(...) I think I'm just frustrated that we're six months into the year with no show. No oppertuity to buy tonnes of great parts, show off moc's and discuss Lego. (...) I look forward to a rebuilt tractor, a tug of war between Moc's would be cool. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator

(...) Well actually one of the people I would most have wanted to talk to at Brickfest is Jennifer, never having met her here! I wish I lived a bit further north. I get the feeling you weren't too happy with that post, I didn't mean to offend anyone (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk)

"Thomas Avery" <thomas.avery@intec-hou.com> wrote in message news:Gyzv2F.4qM@lugnet.com... (...) of that approach! Your comment about forgetting how a model is built when attempting modifications to some deep rooted part was interesting, I fully (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator

(...) The challenge is to do it with the parts you have. I'm happy with things the way they are. All you need is effective methods of motor combineing. (...) T.J will know next time, lego building is all about gaining experience. And thanks to his (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator

(...) can have another Texlug meeting before you take it apart! I really enjoy reading your comments about the building process. Keep up the good work. Tom (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator

(...) ambitious AFOLs! Very impressed with the use you've made of the newer elements, as John said in another thread these are very useful but not all of us are up to speed on how to use them effectively. From this and your articulated tractor you (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator

That's amazing! Somehow, you've truely encapsulated a sense of massiveness and the look of real "heavy duty" while at the same time making it massively heavy duty :) Excellent work. I can't wait to see it up close next week! Are you going to have (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator

(...) Aaaargh! Another great technic display at BF! Man I wish I could make it! Oh, well, I guess there's always next year....I'm sure you'll have something just as good (if not better)! (...) Looking forward to it! 14 pnuematic cylinders from 1 (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator

(...) Nice model T.J, it really captures the look of the real thing. I think this is the best picture (URL) has an atmosphere of "really large excavator" about it wen compared to the minifig. I read the write-up in order so I particularly liked the (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator

My R996 model is finally finished! The four part feature at Bricks in my Pocket (BimP) is fully online now. Many thanks to Steven Combs, editor of BimP, for featuring my model. (URL) in the MODELS section) The model will be appearing at Brickfest, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam) !

  Re: All Terrain Crane

Once they are in your ldraw parts dir, you just have to import them in LeoCad (File > Piece library manager > File > import piece). Then quit LeoCad and restart it to rebuild part list. Your parts should be ready to use ! Note that Damien's parts (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

(...) Do it in the bedroom 8?) What about water? (...) (URL) 'em to your ldraw parts dir. Dunno how to convert 'em to use with leocad though... ROSCO (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

Thanks for the comments Dennis! I think using a leadscrew is a good way to luff large booms, unless someone comes along with some mini hydraulics, but even at that, having hydraulic oil leak all over your living room carpet is probably not the ideal (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

Jennifer, Wonderfull! What a model! I really like the techniques you put into it. OK, it's not 100% LEGOs, but what bothers you anyway? Sometimes I'm smuggling myself ;-) The mechanism for luffing the boom is a great invention! I always have some (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  LBrick.com is up and running

All, I have just finished getting my new site running ((URL) it contains various Lego projects that I have been working on, including... - Lego CAD stuff - LMosaic (my Lego mosaic software) - LRex - a mindstorms biped that I built. Anyway go check (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.technic)

  Brickley Roscowicz Engineering launches web-site

7th July 2002 After many years providing unsurpassed engineering products and services to the Studley community, Brickley Roscowicz Engineering now has a presence on the World Wide Web! Hosted by OzBricks, the site provides ready information about (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Where is Ta-Koro located???

(...) I presume your question is about the online game Mata Nui. Ta-Koro is indeed in a cave inside the vulcamo, but the entrance to the cave lies at the foot of this vulcano. So if they say "located in the shadow of the Mangai volcano" they (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Instructions for un-named Technic Super-Model!!

Hi, I've never posted to lugnet.technic before, I'm a Space hound. But I came across a manual for a Technic "Super-Model" which is similar to the 6861 Blacktron Super Vehicle and 6862 M:Tron Secret Space Voyager; a model built using pieces from (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Where's the Technic???

I must confess that what is on offer these days *IS* different. (...) But I think you may be over-reacting to the (lack of?) merit of some of these new sets. We are being asked to revisit some assumptions about how things are put together. Yes, (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Where's the Technic???

I too wonder where the good Technic stuff is. What happened to all the sets of yester year that had bricks and beams and studs? None of the recent stuff even interests me. Sets such as the 8466 and 8458 don't even look like Lego sets. I've not seen (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Nick and Jens Bought!

Got Nick and Jens today. First impression is hmm... . Ok bubble box type deal. Back is usual ad/stuff in series graphic. Looks like they use the new click ball joints. (Am I parroting anybody?) I got to say toy Nick looks as cute as his live (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.galidor, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Where's the Technic???

(...) (Anyone else ready for a rant party?) No kidding!!! I'm starting to get offended! Isn't it AFOLs that have the $$ to buy the (real) Technic and Mindstorm kits anyway? And the margin should be higher since they don't have to pay for royalties (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Large arch bridge geometry - help!

(...) Like I said in a different message, I can't make large scale experimentation in the present (not enough parts). I must therefore restrict to details, and that is why the theoretical approach is so important to me. (...) That is partially the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Large arch bridge geometry - help!

(...) You are absolutely right - LEGO is about trial and error. And I will use the method, but on a limited basis (to test triangles' sequences, for instance). The reason is I currently own very few technic parts, and I'll only buy the rest *after* (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Large arch bridge geometry - help!

(...) It helps A LOT!!! Thanks, TJ. I'll be working with this during the holidays, to see what I can design. Now I must find the actual measurements of the bridges, to be more accurate with my project - but that is the easy bit :-) Fantastic page, (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Large arch bridge geometry - help!

(...) I'll try this method now - it seems easy enough. The reason I had not tried it before was because I wanted to find a more "general" fashion to design the arch, and then apply to my planned bridge. It is better in theory, but failed in practice (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Large arch bridge geometry - help!

(...) Although this advice will result in getting something built, it's very time consuming, and getting the desired result is difficult. My first large truss bridges: (URL) built by trial and error. It took me quite a bit of time to determine the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Large arch bridge geometry - help!

Pedro, John's advise is very good. Experiment! Sure, you might make something that at first you might not like but examine what you've made and ask yourself "How can I change it?" Then again, you'll make something you'll love one moment, come up (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Large arch bridge geometry - help!

(...) Pedro- This may or may not be any help, but when I built my 4' swing bridge ((URL) I had never built a technic bridge before. All I did was employ a little trial and error. So I guess my comment would be that a prior command of beam-geometry (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Large arch bridge geometry - help!

(...) ROSCO is right, you should think in terms of beam lengths. Your thought process should be similar to how it's actually built. In other words, you build your beams in certain lengths first and then put them together to form the bridge. The (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Large arch bridge geometry - help!

(...) Pedro, I found it easier to think in terms of beam length, rather than angles. If you have a good profile view of the bridge, one way is to overlay it with graph paper (or just use a ruler) to measure the beam lengths, then match them as (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Large arch bridge geometry - help!

Hi all, I am attempting to design a large ached bridge with technic parts, and this means I'll need plenty of reading on the subject of beam-geometry. Can any of you guys help me out in my research? The thing that is giving me the biggest headache (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Where is Ta-Koro located???

My question is quite simple: Where is Ta-Koro situated. In the Bionicle Lexcion on www.bionicle.com is stated: "Ta-Koro: Tahu's village, located in the lake of fire within the Mangai volcano." On the same site when I open the map of Mata Nui and go (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  The clock is ticking

Don't forget that BrickFest 2002 is only a couple of weeks away, and there are some good prizes just waiting to be picked up. Friday, July 19 The Technic Competition - Scree Runner 1st - 8466 4x4 Off-Roader 2nd - 8735 Power Pack Saturday, July 20 (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BI Portal going offline temporarily

All, Just a quick note to let you know that the Building Instructions Portal (www.bricksonthebrai...tructions) is going to be going offline for 24-48 hours, as I upload and test the major overhaul of the site. When it comes back on, be sure to look (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Where's the Technic???

I was wondering the same thing about the Mindstorms section (which was stuck in a small corner of the Spybotics spread). Gee, Lego dumping that line too? -Rob "Adrian Egli" <adr.egli@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:GyLo7z.1wp@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Where's the Technic???

I just got my Summer 2K2 SAH catalog (has Galidor on the cover) and was expecting to see some good stuff, especially Technic. What a downer! I really wanted to see was a picture of the BMW-Williams F1 racer based on the Silver Champion (w/ a (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  my bionicle creations

These are some of my mocs more will be on there way. I'm most proud of the titan. (URL) feel free to let me know what you think. (I know ones a throwbot) Edwin (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: 4589 - RC Nitro Flash

So, basically, it sounds like this set is worth about as much as the current price on the old R/C car. No real usable technic parts. Minimum RCX playability. No real replayability. What about alternate models? Maybe we can just hack the inards and (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4589 - RC Nitro Flash

(...) I meant that it isn't a Technic set and there aren't Technic mechanical parts used in its operation. (...) I did that, and I don't think there is one, I think it's a solid rear cross axle drive tube, but without opening it and 100% verifying (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4589 - RC Nitro Flash

(...) So RCX compatible is not Technoc compatible? (...) Disappointing. (...) Couldn't you just hold one side output & see if the other side speeds up? Not as much fun though 8?) (...) Like the Manas... ROSCO (22 years ago, 29-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  4589 - RC Nitro Flash

For any one out there who may be interested, It doesn't say Technic on the box, so this may be the wrong place to post. The 4589 system is compatible with the Manas remote control system. There are a few detail changes on the transmitter like the (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Minifig scale mining grader

(...) Found it! (URL) (22 years ago, 29-Jun-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Minifig scale mining grader

(...) Thanks, Lar! (...) Don't think I saw that one. Have you got a link? (...) Agreed. My mobile crane suffers from a similar problem 8?) Picking the wheels has been one of the hardest challenges I've found in minifig scale - LEGO just has a really (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jun-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ever needed to lift a starship? (was: Minifig-scale mobile crane)

(...) Enjoy! ROSCO (22 years ago, 29-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  Re: MOC: Minifig scale mining grader

(...) Hey. that's a nice grader. I'd put it right up with the one James M did way back when. If i had a criticis it would be that the wheels may be a bit small for the scale(although prototype grader wheels have been getting smaller lately) (22 years ago, 29-Jun-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  MOC: Minifig scale mining grader

After finally deciding I had enough cranes to serve my needs for at least a few days, I thought I'd try my hand at something else in the construction line, and here it is! (URL) I know it's a bit of a stretch including .technic, but I thought you (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jun-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.technic) !

  Re: All Terrain Crane

(...) I've always thought building was just a very specialised kind of sorting... ROSCO (22 years ago, 29-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

"Jeff Jardine" <jwjardin@diespam.mccain.ca> wrote in message news:Gy9r10.2CI@lugnet.com... (...) all (...) I've stared at the model for so long it just looks like a bucket of bricks flying in formation to me :-) Jennifer (22 years ago, 29-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Onua Nuva and Lewa Nuva on non-USA shop at home VERY early

2 of the Nuva sets have made a very early apperance on Lego Shop at Home. Set 8566 and 8567 (Onua and Lewa) can now be ordered in the UK, but not even pre-order in the USA. None of the other 4 sets are showing up at all on S@H at this time. I wonder (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Technica 4.1

(...) <<snip>> Can't wait to spend another lazy day at work on your wounderful site! Thanks! /Tobbe (URL) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Best technic set EVER gets re-release!

(...) I recently built it (main model) from Brickshelf and intended to do a write up on why it would be a perfect set to re-release but now it seems I only need to buy a few :) /Tobbe (URL) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  desperatly looking for instruction scans for the 8252 police buggy

I found sticker scans on www.hccamsterdam.nl/brick but neither that site nor brickshelf have scans of the instructions. (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

"Duq" <lugnetpost@skipthis...tmfweb.nl> wrote in message news:GyC8z2.InE@lugnet.com... (...) Good point, it hadn't occured to me to do this in this context, I think attempting to fit all the bits into as small a space as possible was clouding my (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrigl@math.uio.no> wrote in message (...) And totally superflous! As John Barnes spotted, it could be replaced by adding an extra 1x2 technic brick and a 2x2 tile. I did it with the 1x2 plate with one stud for a good (but (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

"Bob Parker" <cg47@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GyBxrI.CDw@lugnet.com... (...) :-) It is really to late in the day for a retrofit on this model, but one of these days I intend to make a model (probably a crane) that is manually controlled so (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

BONK! (Intended to be sound of jaw dropping on desk...) What keeps surprising me is how much functionality you manage to squeeze into so little space... Anyone else attempting all these functions would end up with a model twice this size... About (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Spectacular crane failures (was: All Terrain Crane)

(...) I also had an accident with my latest mobile crane - trying to do a mod in the superstructure while the boom was up. I didn't get any shots, but I might do it again, just to show how much those 12L axles can bend without breaking! ROSCO (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

(...) OK fine - how about if you remove all the lighting, remote control and motors so that it becomes 'just' a simple Model Team type of kit of around 3,000 bricks? Then would you do it? Please? I'd be willing to manually extend the outriggers, (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

"Rebecca Taylor" <arellcat@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:Gy9Io8.626@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) Glad to hear I'm not alone in this hacking and slashing business :-) The 5 long axle is now kosher though, and I bet the 7 will not be long (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

"Thomas Avery" <thomas.avery@intec-hou.com> wrote in message news:Gy9n3M.GnE@lugnet.com... (...) Spot on. The trouble is that it doesn't really come apart under normal use, and even when loaded with a kilo it is only a little bit, but still (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

"Bob Parker" <cg47@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GyBK5y.LGr@lugnet.com... (...) two! Thanks Bob! Unfortunately there is the matter of creating instructions, which would be a Herculean task, and the price would be a lot more than you might (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

(...) Ah, yes, I see now that you mention this in the text on the website as well. Initially, I have to admit that I was just looking at the pictures! By the way, I like the solution you've found for securing the rack. The sliding 2x1 beam with (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

Jennifer, Wonderful model and again, great presentation on the web. I cannot wait to see this at BrickFest. Bob (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

(...) Awesome! Just awesome! Could you please apply for a job as a Lego designer? I'd buy this if it were an official Lego set in a heartbeat! If not that, then how about you producing this as a kit and selling them yourself on Bricklink? I'm sure (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

(...) a giant tree falling over. The boom went one way, the superlift went the other. The crane instantly transformed from 10 feet tall, to about 6 inches. I didn't take any pictures, but it certainly made a mess! Dennis had an unfortunate (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

(...) crane (...) far too much time on your hands! ;-) Very, very impressive (for a girl). ;-) Look forward to seeing it for real. Ian (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Technica 4.1

Hi: After some issues with my ISP Technica 4.1 is now online. And, if I do say so myself, its pretty much 0.1 better than version 4! This version contains significant updates to all sections, including a complete pass through the element list. I (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general) !

  Re: All Terrain Crane

(...) ROSCO (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

(...) Here are a few good ones: (URL) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

(...) Indeed. Here in Melbourne recently, a tower section was being added when the counterweight detached & fell, killing one worker. (URL) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

(...) Tell me about it. I've had a model finished - and photos taken for nearly a year now, and what with finishing my degree and what have you, I havn't started writing it up. Then I took that model apart and I've nearly finished a new one - which (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

that's just amazing - the mind boggles - I'm an in awe. (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

Jennifer, this is exactly what I'd hoped your superb Technic creations would gradually evolve toward: from being brilliant Technic models to being fantastic Model Team creations with all the functionality (and more) you could hope for from a classic (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: All Terrain Crane

(...) The PAT company also makes weigh-in-motion systems. The bending plate uses a strain-gauge to measure the load. What's interesting about this is that the approach path needs to be pretty level, so I designed a simple accelerometer that fed into (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact