 Technic / 7679
Re: All Terrain Crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 13:20:49 GMT

Jennifer,

Wonderfull! What a model! I really like the techniques you put into it. OK,
it's not 100% LEGOs, but what bothers you anyway? Sometimes I'm smuggling
myself ;-)

The mechanism for luffing the boom is a great invention! I always have some
problems with the length of the LEGO cylinders: they're far too small :-(

Mmmm, maybe I should try something with the loader I will build next autumn.
Thanks for sharing the idea!

I think you've done a great job to put so many technical stuff into one
small model. I don't think you managed everything in one time. Your
technical skills are very good! My compliments. It's easier to put that
stuff into a large model, like my LG1550, but the difficulty is that the
model is far too heavy. You've chosen the right size to do some nice things
with it (e.g. to demonstrate it on shows). Maybe it's a nice opportunity to
visit the Modelshow Europe in April next year ;-)

Left me only one question: I didn't manage to load the 20x30 wheels into my
CAD-program. I use Leocad. I also have MLCad but I don't know how to use it.

Greetings,

Dennis

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jennifer Clark writes:
I've completed the web page for my model of a Demag AC50-1 all terrain crane
and put it online here:

  http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/jen/lego/

The model is entirely radio controlled and features some new gadgets from
John Barnes. DAT files of the workings are there as well as some videos,
definitely better than the previous ones as I had expert assistance in the
filming this time! I'll be taking the model along to Brickfest so if it
survives hand luggage, you are welcome to put it through its paces.

Jennifer