 Robotics / 18222
Re: All Terrain Crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:39:46 GMT

"Simon Bogaert" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message

I have but one question: Don't you get extensive wear
on the black axle serving as both a hinge for the pendulum and a • drive-axle
for the steering?

To be honest I have no idea! It certainly bears a lot of weight and is
subject to a lot of friction when the wheels are steered, but I've not had
it apart to check for wear for a long time. The last time I looked it was
fine, but at that point the model was lighter and had not been going for so
long so who knows? It is fairly tricky to remove so the answer will be to
wait until starts rattling about, snaps, or none of the above :-)

Jennifer