 Technic / 7681
Re: All Terrain Crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 13:08:36 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jennifer Clark writes:
Thanks for the comments Dennis! I think using a leadscrew is a good way to
luff large booms, unless someone comes along with some mini hydraulics, but
even at that, having hydraulic oil leak all over your living room carpet is
probably not the ideal thing either.

Do it in the bedroom 8?) What about water?

I'm not sure what John Barnes plans to
do with the leadscrews... any comments John?

Left me only one question: I didn't manage to load the 20x30 wheels into • my
CAD-program. I use Leocad. I also have MLCad but I don't know how to use
it.

I can't remember exactly what I did with those wheels but I think there was
some degree of faffing about involved. I think I dumped them in the LDRAW
parts directory and MLCAD just picked them up from there, but I may be
wrong. It was Damien Duquennoy who made them and I think he may be on this
group, so maybe this is the right place to find out the proper way to do so.

http://www.ldraw.org/library/official/parts/124.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/library/official/parts/6581.dat

Save 'em to your ldraw parts dir. Dunno how to convert 'em to use with
leocad though...

ROSCO