 Robotics / 18210
Re: All Terrain Crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 22:29:22 GMT

So this is what you've been doing all that time... ;-)

I look at your pages (haven't read the page on the crane yet, but the
pictures seem promising - reading will be something for tomorrow) and
realise that you've been doing what I've been trying for a long time: making
a pendulum with both steered and/or driven wheels...  Many of my designs
failed to be really effective, but I did learn a lot in the course...  It's
my goal to create a model of an agricutural tractor with all the
functionality of the real thing...  Failure it will be, I guess. :-D

I have always liked the perfection of your models, and this crane is perfect
looking once again.  I have but one question: Don't you get extensive wear
on the black axle serving as both a hinge for the pendulum and a drive-axle
for the steering?

Greets and best regards,

Simon Bogaert

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jennifer Clark" <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 11:49 PM
Subject: All Terrain Crane

I've completed the web page for my model of a Demag AC50-1 all terrain • crane
and put it online here:

   http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/jen/lego/

The model is entirely radio controlled and features some new gadgets from
John Barnes. DAT files of the workings are there as well as some videos,
definitely better than the previous ones as I had expert assistance in the
filming this time! I'll be taking the model along to Brickfest so if it
survives hand luggage, you are welcome to put it through its paces.

Jennifer