 Technic / 7607
Re: All Terrain Crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 06:22:23 GMT

"Jennifer Clark" <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> writes:

    http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/jen/lego/

Well worth the wait!

I like the compact design of the tilting steering axle.  I notice that
the axle pivots around the axle used for the pinion.  My experience
with a configuration like this is that the weight of the vehicle makes
the pinion very hard to turn, due to the friction.  Do you find that
this is a problem?

The same question applies to the driven axle, BTW.  I see that the
axle around which the suspension is mounted, is part of the drive
train.  Does this configuration imply any excess friction to the drive
train, due to the weight of the vehicle?

Very nice model!

Fredrik