 Technic / 7635
Re: All Terrain Crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:55:59 GMT

"Bob Parker" <cg47@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:GyBK5y.LGr@lugnet.com...

If not that, then how about you producing this as a kit and selling them
yourself on Bricklink?  I'm sure that it would work out to be a very
reasonable price (oh, say around $300 to $350 each).  Heck, I'd even buy
two!

Thanks Bob! Unfortunately there is the matter of creating instructions,
which would be a Herculean task, and the price would be a lot more than you
might think. There are two remote control units and eight motors; assuming
you can get the motors cheaply, that is $330 already, not including cables.
Then there are the lights, leadscrews, and the matter of a few thousand
bricks - I guesstimate around 3000, but it could be more. And then there
would have to be a something in it for myself, doing this is hard work :-)
Of course Lego could do a similar kit more cheaply, but it would still be
seriously expensive.

This is one of the great things about being an AFOL; you can build things
that really are just not economically feasibile in the real world ;-)

Jennifer