 Technic / 7689
Re: Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 14:03:50 GMT

This is what it's all about, ever more impressive MOCs from ever more
ambitious AFOLs!

Very impressed with the use you've made of the newer elements, as John said
in another thread these are very useful but not all of us are up to speed on
how to use them effectively.  From this and your articulated tractor you
certainly seem to have made a great start.

It sucks when you finish something and find you can't get it to work 'cos
it's so heavy doesn't it ;-).  I think part of what we need is super-torquey
motors and metal axles but then maybe the Meccano guys have won the argument?

The challenge is to do it with the parts you have. I'm happy with things the
way they are. All you need is effective methods of motor combineing.

In all I think it's a great MOC but maybe, the R996 being such a bulky beast
in the first place, you could have predicted the power problems.

T.J will know next time, lego building is all about gaining experience. And
thanks to his write up, we'll all know too.

I'm
certainly going to consider this before I start my next project after the
frustrations of my Aviation Tractor.

GGrrr, I wish I could have afforded to come over for BF so I could have
discussed this stuff with some of you guys personally.

The uk dosen't fair to badly for good technic builders, me and Jen could've
helped you out if the UK Legofest scene hadn't dried up. Everyone here seems
obsessed with pesky red letter days.

Steve