 Technic / 7690
Re: Liebherr R996 Mining Excavator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 14:07:59 GMT

"Thomas Avery" <thomas.avery@intec-hou.com> wrote in message
news:Gyzv2F.4qM@lugnet.com...
My R996 model is finally finished! The four part feature at Bricks in my
Pocket (BimP) is fully online now. Many thanks to Steven Combs, editor of
BimP, for featuring my model.

http://www.bricksinmypocket.org

Nice one TJ, the removable panels are brilliant, I wish I could get the hang
of that approach! Your comment about forgetting how a model is built when
attempting modifications to some deep rooted part was interesting, I fully
empathise with this. The small excavator I made took so many iterations to
get right that at one point I had two versions going simultaneously so there
was always an "undo" option available should something catastrophic happen!
After a few goes you do remember though, it seems a bit like the "Simon"
game from days of yore.

Are you tempted at all to revisit the model and make the changes you
mentioned?

Jennifer