 Technic / 7672
Re: Where's the Technic???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 02:47:01 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Rob Hendrix writes:
I was wondering the same thing about the Mindstorms section (which was stuck
in a small corner of the Spybotics spread).  Gee, Lego dumping that line
too?

-Rob

(Anyone else ready for a rant party?)

No kidding!!! I'm starting to get offended! Isn't it AFOLs that have the $$ to
buy the (real) Technic and Mindstorm kits anyway? And the margin should be
higher since they don't have to pay for royalties to StarWars(TM) or Harry
Potter(TM) (I hate product tie-ins... what every happened to imagination?).

My hope is that Lego has something *VERY* cool going on behind the scenes that
will blow our minds when it comes out. However, the recent release of "Spybots"
(or whatever) has me a little sceptical...

After all the R&D that has been dumped into Mindstorms, surely Lego can't be
dropping it? I just wish someone from TLG would drop a hint or something.

Simeon