 Technic / 7665
Re: Large arch bridge geometry - help!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 02:14:15 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Pedro Silva writes:
Hi all,

I am attempting to design a large ached bridge with technic parts, and this
means I'll need plenty of reading on the subject of beam-geometry. Can any
of you guys help me out in my research?

Pedro-

This may or may not be any help, but when I built my 4' swing bridge
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=6920) I had never built a
technic bridge before.  All I did was employ a little trial and error.

So I guess my comment would be that a prior command of beam-geometry isn't
really necessary-- it *is* possible to figure it out the old fashioned way-- on
the fly:-)

Good luck!

-John