 Technic / 7654
7653  |  7655
Subject:
4589 - RC Nitro Flash
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 21:57:32 GMT

For any one out there who may be interested,

It doesn't say Technic on the box, so this may be the wrong place to post.

The 4589 system is compatible with the Manas remote control system. There
are a few detail changes on the transmitter like the channel change which is
now not Technic compatible.

By inference, I haven't had time to test it yet, it means that the RC car
chassis is controllable from the RCX if necessary.

The chassis is similar in general principle to the previous RC car set, but
the steering is bang-bang not proportional. The rear wheel drive is also
just full speed forward or reverse too. There is no internal differential as
far as I can tell, I have not popped it open yet to verify that yet ;)

I think on the Technic/Mindstorms usefulness scale this is about a 4/10, but
fun as a diversion.

JB