 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *859 (-100)
  Re: legOS in cybermaster

(...) Very difficult, as far as I know. The ROM is on the same chip as the processor! -Kekoa (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS in cybermaster

(...) How difficult is remove the ROM chip and add a RAM one? (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS in cybermaster

(...) Sorry Jose, it is NOT possible. The cybermaster firmware is in ROM and may not be overwritten in any way. Ciao Mario Web page: (URL) member page: (URL) member of ItLUG: (URL) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS in cybermaster

Has anybody try use some small version of legos in cybermaster? Is it posible? I'm thinking in a small program linked staticaly with legOS. (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  CVS

Hello, I posted my 0.2.4 prerelease candidate in public CVS on legOS.sourceforge.net a minute ago. Sorry, there are no web pages available on sourceforge yet. You'll have to register with www.sourceforge.net to check out the sources, but that (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: gdb & legOS

(...) Markus> Hi Les, I've been advocating gdb for quite some time now, Markus> great to hear about your efforts. Hi Markus. Thanks for responding. Your input is much valued. Markus> You could also use an endless relative loop instruction Markus> (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: OS Recommendations

(...) ld in the binutils) does not build correctly in LinuxPPC. ld gets all sorts of errors about 'relocation truncated to fit.' I've had the same results with egcs and gcc-2.95, which is making me suspect binutils & ld. Another list member had the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: gdb & legOS

Hi Les, I've been advocating gdb for quite some time now, great to hear about your efforts. Les Smithson schrieb: (...) My manual says opcodes 0x57nn are unallocated on H8/300. Could this be a Super-H opcode? H8 gdb seems to be tinted in favour of (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: OS Recommendations

(...) From what I've heard, the gcc port to the mac is extremely old and ugly, and nobody's putting in the effort to make a better one. I see little point in making one now with MacOS X virtually right around the corner. Although now that I think (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  gdb & legOS

Hi All. I've been thinking about how gdb can be used to debug legOS programs. I've hashed most of it out, but one thing has me stumped -- how can I do a software trap on a H8300? I'd like to hear any suggestions as to how I can get round this. The (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: OS Recommendations

Martin Cornelius schrieb: (...) You'd need make, too. The configure scripts for those gcc, binutils and make will probably also require a shell of some variety. If there is a binary distribution of native gcc, make and bash for the Mac, building the (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

(...) Michael, have you rebuilt lnpd with the transceiver.c i sent you ? The collision problem should completely go away then. I could also send you a statically linked version of my latest version of lnpd, just to check it isn't a compiler problem. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: OS Recommendations

(...) well, actually legOS wasn't ported, because legOS is an OS for the RCX. What was ported to windows, but AFAIK mostly not by the legOS developers, was the compiler used to build legOS, speak: gcc for the Hitachi 8300 processor. Additionally (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: OS Recommendations

(...) Actually, NCQ on the mac just works fine. LegOS works fine under FreeBSD which works and install's fine under the VirtualPC (Just from a walnut creek cdrom). Linux works fine under the VirtualPC as well, but none of the install disk's I tried (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  OS Recommendations

I got my Mindstorms this summer, and I've been subscribed to the list since around the same time. Since then I've been playing around extensively with NQC. I haven't attempted to make the jump to legOS so far for two reasons. First, I have a Mac. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

Thanks for you help Martin. I tried the uart stuff with no change except for this: From further testing I realised that the data that the IR Tower is sending is been recieved by the RCX (woohoo) even though a collision is reported for every sent (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legos: Using dll with COM2

Both firmdl3 and dll should honor the environment variable RCXTTY. On Unix, you should probably set it in your .bashrc or .profile, like this: export RCXTTY="/dev/ttyS1" On Windows, you'll want to put this in your autoexec.bat: set RCXTTY=com2 Hope (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legos: Using dll with COM2

Hi! How does one configure 'dll' to work with the tower connected on COM2? firmdl has a command line option, but I cannot find one for dll.... thanks for any help Vlad (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  EGCS v. GCC

Why was egcs chosen over gcc? It is my understanding that the egcs extensions have been incorporated back into gcc as of version 2.9.5. Also, egcs development has been discontinued. I'm curious because I am working on a DJGPP (32-bit DOS) port of (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: (fwd) Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

(...) Great! (...) No problem! :-) Of course it's better to keep everything in one place. Did you get some PHP-pages running for the documentation? I started with it, but could not finish due to lack of time... But I wil be happy to contribute. (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: (fwd) Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

(...) There is a discussion that somewhere in their site about their HW setup. Suffice to say that it is multiple terabytes in HD size, 40+ processors, yadda, yadda. Reliability and bandwidth are not an issue, I don't think. (...) I have too give (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: (fwd) Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

Hi Luis, (...) That's great. The sourceforge server seems to have fairly decent bandwidth, judging from the speed legOS.sourceforge.net is coming up in my second window. (...) CVS is what attracted me in the first place. As repositories are (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: (fwd) Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

(...) I actually just took care of it- legOS.sourceforge.net is now ours, and should be propagating towards your DNS servers as we speak. It'll be a few hours (their setup time) and probably Wednesday (my time- "Mathematical Foundations of Computer (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: (fwd) Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

Martin Cornelius schrieb: (...) Luis said he was, a week ago. Markus. (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

(...) Someway it looks like there is another problem with your setup, in near mode i have never seen the collision problem. Perhaps your encountering the problem reported by Toni: Obviuosly his uart does not work in 16450 mode, but does work in (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

I applied the patch manually (ok. I admit it was fairly obvious where the changes had to be made) Maby I made a mistake applying the patch or something as I still get Collission errors. I tried two IR towers in both near and far mode, still the same (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: (fwd) Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

(...) hmm, once again it looks like we need a public place to exchange such things.. is anybody still looking after the sourceforge stuff ? (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  How about LegOS & IR "long range"?

Well. It's a bit strange that under LegOS you "must" work only in "near"/"short range" mode. So I've modified my kernel to work always in "far" or "long range" mode (that works with near too)... Now I'm able to upload kernel and .lx to my RCX placed (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Martin's Patch for LNPD and the LEGO Remote

Interestingly enough, this patch makes it possible for me to modify the code inside lnpd to allow it to receive signals from the Lego Remote (9738). Prior to the patch, I was getting a framing error whenever the remote sent a message with a single (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  (fwd) Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

The problem is that lines in Martin's original message got folded over by email. You'll have to bring the patch into an editor and combine lines 8 and 9 of the original post (be sure there is a space between "..time, " and "tx _..." Then combine the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

(...) Pardon, Mike, i should have anticipated that, because i had the same problem when i first tried to apply a patch. The usage of patch is a little uncommon: You have to provide the patch through stdin !. Thus, i'd suggest the following (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

No matter what I do (opening the window, turning on more lights etc) I can't get the tower to stop seeing collissions. I must admit that IR reflects so well in my house that the TV remote works form other rooms. So I tried loading your patch (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

(...) i had never seen this interesting effect, because i always had my tower in near mode, where it only happens if you put the tower straight in front of a wall. I suspect it's a little more complex to explain what happens here, because the tower (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Windows NT Success Story!

Thanks a lot for this really helpful and detailed post! Especially thanks for making the result of your success story available for download. This allowed me to simply download the whole thing and start experimenting with legOS applications rather (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: LNP Example please

I have observed the same behavior... only by night. I think it must be the tower receiving echoes of its own packets. The sollution: place the tower far away from objects that can reflect light (including yourself). I also changed the tower battery (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Example please

*Embarrased look* sorry I shouldn't of missed that.. Sorry to hassle you but I am stuck yet again. The lnptest program just records collision after collision. I have no other IR devices in the area (as far as I know anyway) It doesn't display any of (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: static version of lnpd uploaded to arthudent

(...) Should be up now. Sorry about the delay- I haven't been home in slightly over 24 hours :) -Luis ###...### Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand. -Anonymous ###...### (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Tactical Robot - A robot that play a board game REALLY!!!

-- ___...___ Ferrara Francesco Jeffrey Baldwin <Heatwaaave@aol.com> wrote in message news:FpGE5u.B4w@lugnet.com... (...) know (...) TAR Know when it win, and make some sounds when it is in advantage... (relative to its score!) I have spent 2-3 (...) (25 years ago, 6-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Example please

(...) Well, it's mentioned in the README ;-), but obviously not detailed enough. The problem is: the dynamic loader doesn't find the library you linked against. The dynamic loader is a program that is started whenever you execute a dynamically (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Example please

Just updated my libc version (I love apt-get on debian linux... woohoo... it took about 30 seconds to update about 6 core applications on my system with a single simple command !!) Ok. it now complies without a problem and lnp also appears to run (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  static version of lnpd uploaded to arthudent

Because of several reports about compiling problems with lnpd, i made a static version and uploaded it to arthurdent. It's quite fat: 373942 bytes, compared to the dynamic, which is 21352, but we all have at least 512 Megs, don't we ? I guess it (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Example please

(...) you are probably using an older version of glibc, which doesn't have the argp stuff. This has been reported several times, and i begin to think it was a bad decision to use this interface instead of getopt(). However, it's so easy to use... If (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: using the remote control with legOS

it would be nice to be able to use both LNP and remote control (advance tactical robots) I wrote last night a small win prog to figure out how the remote is talking and this is it: +++ // LEGO REMOTE CONTROL (#9738 = ~20 USD) FOR RCX MESSAGE (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Example please

Just tell me if I am been lazy but I can't find the argp.h file anywhere. abacus:~/lego/lnpd+liblnp$ make depend for i in lnpd liblnp applications ; do make -C $i depend || exit -1 ; done make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mike/lego/lnp...blnp/lnpd' (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Too many sensors

(...) uhh, it looks i missed something quite important - how do you accomplish that ? --Martin (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Example please

(...) Great, i'd really love doing work like this. If you intend to use lnpd+liblnp on the PC side, i'd be very interested in the results. (...) yes, exactly. The addressing layer gives you connectionless functionality very similar to UDP. A packet (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Example please

I've got 2 RCX's and 2 pc's in the same room so will be working with this over the next couple of weeks. The 2 RCX units work really well, my next step is to get the PC's to join the party. My implementation of LNP so far leads me to believe it is a (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  new version of winlegOS

There is now a new version of WinLegOS up for public dissemination: (URL) told it should run on NT machines as well as win98. All thanks again to Rossz. -Luis ###...### Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand. -Anonymous (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Too many sensors

Ben Jackson wrote: > You could do it but you'd lose rotations as long as the button was pressed. > You'd probably need alternate firmware to even get that working well. I can live with losing rotation when the button is pressed. I may have to reset (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Too many sensors

(...) You could do it but you'd lose rotations as long as the button was pressed. You'd probably need alternate firmware to even get that working well. So on one port you can have (1 touch + 1 light/temp), (1 rotation) or (4 touch). The last with (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Too many sensors

I received a package from Lego yesterday. It contained gears, a motor, and two rotation sensors. Now I'm stuck trying to figure out how to use all five sensors at once, 1 light, 2 touch, 2 rotation. I know how to combine a light with a touch, but (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Example please

(...) of course, Michael ! BTW, if anybody out there does LNP communication involving several RCX's and a PC running lnpd, i'd be very interested in unsatisfying results, especially regarding congestion -- having only 1 RCX i could never test lnpd (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Example please

Woops sorry I was referring to the bit above that (...) I think this should be write not send. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Windows NT Success Story!

I'm pleased to announce that the NT boxes in our computer science lab has LegOS installed and running under Cygwin! I'd like to share this success story in the hope that it might help those who are still battling the Redmond Behemoth. In our lab we (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Example please

(...) hmm, really strange, in my legOS-distribution the name of the function is lnp_addressing_write, there is no function named lnp_addressing_send -- where have you got your legOS ? (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: using the remote control with legOS

(...) with an unpatched legOS-2.3, there's no easy way to do that. The incoming buffer is a static array inside function lnp_integrity_byte(), it's not accessible from outside. However, there is a hard way out (i used it during development of lnpd) (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Example please

Thankyou very much Martin, that worked like a charm except for the lnp_addressing_write...t,srcport) which works as lnp_addressing_send(...t,srcport) Probably just a typo just thought I better let anyone else know who maybe interested. Now all I (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  using the remote control with legOS

the LNP stuff is neat, but it seem's that the remote control isn't using either "integrity" or "addressing" protocol how do I access directly the incoming IR buffer ?? I didn't see any source code for "lnp_integrity_set_handler" , how does it work ? (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Example please

(...) To get a somewhat crude explanation of how LNP works, and how to make RCXs with different LNP-Hostaddresses, i'd suggest to read thread 'LNP Addressing Schemes', last week in this newsgroup. However, if you don't need addressing or several (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP Example please

Does anyone have an example or two of using LNP so two RCX units can communicate with each other? I have been searching all over the place, looking through the header files and everything for weeks. Am I missing some well hidden documentation page (...) (25 years ago, 6-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Tactical Robot - A robot that play a board game REALLY!!!

(...) original LEGO firmware can be busted wide open when you look at alternative firmware. In Francesco's case, packaging a C library for everyone is a big step forward. Many of you may remember that Kekoa's original C interface to the ROM was done (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Tactical Robot - A robot that play a board game REALLY!!!

WOW! I didn't know any thing like that was possible with the RCX. Does it know when it wins? How long did it take to program? Thats incredibly. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Tactical Robot - A robot that play a board game REALLY!!!

I have done a 5-level depth robot that play a real board game (URL) Francesco (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: docs/sourceforge/etc

Of course, then again I could look and see that there already is a lego-doc.sourceforge.net. Now whether or not TLG approves of that URL is another matter (I was trying to think of another option, since Lego doesn't want "lego" in a URL.) The rest (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  docs/sourceforge/etc

Hey, y'all- Sorry to say that this has been a long week, so while I've looked into the annotation system somewhat, I haven't gotten anything running yet. I hope to look into it further tonight- the php web site has some very nice and open code that (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  How good is the light sensor ?

Hello, I just bought a Mindstorm set and am testing it out. When I went through the tutorial on the CD I could not get the motors to stop when the light sensor was activated. When I loaded Legos (thanks Rossz), I ran the demo program linetrack and (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Setting a different com port w/ frmdl3 and dll

Ooops, Figured it out. When you set the RCXTTY variable, leave out the spaces. ie: set RCXTTY=com4 NOT: set RCXTTY = com4 The whitespace is not parsed out by the MS-DOS command line. Now that I have the frmdl3.exe and dll.exe recognizing com4, I'm (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Setting a different com port w/ frmdl3 and dll

Thanks for the info, I tried setting the environment variable (running Win 95) RCXTTY=com4 without much effect. I did get frmdl3.exe to send out to com4 with the following: frmdl3.exe --tty=com4 legOS.srec However, dll.exe still won't send via com4. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: More light sensors in legOS

(...) still (...) added (...) I'm working on similar measuring too. I'm getting quite stabile values, but quite noisy too... I don't know if it's the same problem (I'm reading the values in decimal). I've just converted "0x1F0" to dec... Too much, (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  More light sensors in legOS

Hi again! I did not get any answers for my previous question about this, and I am still puzzled as for why light sensor readings for a dark background have 0x1F0 added to them once in a while (more often than not, actually) any ideas for what might (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: PC -RCX comunication

(...) please, don't take my little attacks against MS too serious, it's just -- i really dislike their FUD way of making business, and i like to have a choice. However, i feel we shouldn't discuss this too much in this place. (...) Well, imho the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Addressing Schemes

(...) It's quite simple: Currently, there are two kinds of LNP-Packets: the first one is called the integrity packet (switch your mail-reader to fixed font now): +--+---+---...---+---+ |F0|LEN| IDATA |CHK| +--+---+---...---+---+ F0 : identifies an (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: PC -RCX comunication

(...) OK. I agree with you about open-source OS. I like linux, but I prefer using visual programing in the PC side (Visual C++ o Visual Basic). (...) What about the QC examples? I've seen a easy interface IROn, IROff, IRReady, IRSend IRReceive .... (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Setting a different com port w/ frmdl3 and dll

The easiest way is to set the environment variable RCXTTY to the com port you want to use. Type the command set RCXTTY=com4 before you run firmdl3 or dll, or add the line to autoexec.bat Cheers Philip -----Original Message----- From: David Chen (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HELP - LegOS for Windows

"Rossz Vámos-Wentworth" <rossw@jps.net> wrote in message news:38989DC8.62ED27...jps.net... (...) of (...) (COMMAND.COM & (...) The problems that you are mentioning generally only occur after running 16-bit programs (and thus ending up with a 16-bit (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP Addressing Schemes

I have the basic Linux<->RCX Infra-red comms. working using lnp calls on the RCX and Martin Cornelius' lnpd on the Linux end. I have a few questions about this: Addressing: . How does the addressing scheme work? . Can a RCX address more than one (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HELP - LegOS for Windows

(...) The DJGPP tools are 32-bit. It's a limitation of the DOS shell (COMMAND.COM & CMD.EXE) that is the problem. Cygwin doesn't have a command line limit problem, but it has its own unique headaches. Read the number of posts of people trying to get (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HELP - LegOS for Windows

"Rossz Vámos-Wentworth" <rossw@jps.net> wrote in message news:FpACn3.FLt@lugnet.com... (...) gets (...) aren't (...) remove (...) make (...) Why are you using the 16-bit (DOS) DJGPP tools under Windows NT instead of the Cygwin 32-bit stuff? You (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: PC -RCX comunication

(...) the only windows example i know about is the dll program, but AFAIK it was not trivial to get this program to run under winXX. if you don't insist on being constantly bored by a closed-source OS ;-), there is another solution: Under linux, you (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  PC -RCX comunication

Where can I find an example of using PC-RCX IR comunication? I prefer using windows in the PC. (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Setting a different com port w/ frmdl3 and dll

It appears that you can specify a com port other than the default COM1 for the firmdl3.exe and dll.exe programs for the Windows LegOS distribution package. Does anyone know what the syntax might be? I use COM4 for my IR Tower. Thanks, Dave (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: WinNT & legOS

Hurray!!! I've also just successfully compiled, uploaded, and ran my first legOS app!!! Thanks Rossz and all! lfn003 fixed it! It did NOT work when I used the lfnsrv.dll in Checked.dll (the larger one). It DID work when I used the lfnsrv.dll in (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HELP - LegOS for Windows

Ian Meikle <ian_meikle@nospam.a...lobal.net> wrote in message news:3895DF1C.5D99B3...bal.net... (...) DJECHO simply echos the line to the file. It's special in that the Make program can transfer very long command lines to it via a buffer. This gets (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: WinNT & legOS

Ralph Hempel <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message news:000301bf6cf9$3c...@pro150... (...) I'm running DJGPP GNU Make, the one I put in the legOS for Windows package. Rossz (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: WinNT & legOS

Ian Meikle <ian_meikle@nospam.a...lobal.net> wrote in message news:38974DF8.8B4A42...bal.net... (...) Excellent! I wonder why Makelx wouldn't run properly on the NT system at work? I spent some time porting the makelx code to compile under MS VC++ (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: WinNT & legOS

(...) Which make are you running? I've had trouble with mks make and long filenames. Now I use Cygwin's make and things are much better... Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- The train stops at the train station, The bus stops at the bus station, (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: WinNT & legOS

Hello again Rossz, I have downloaded lfn003 and installed it and ALL WORKED OK :o) It build the demo programs (including running makelx). So although the WinNT saga is probably not over, it mow seems to work for me (and maybe some others). Many (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: __attribute__ ((rcx_interrrupt)) : how to use ?

(...) Well, i got the definitive answer from Markus 8-). It was in german, so i'll try to translate it: the effect of __attribute__ ((rcx_interrrupt)) depends on the calling context: - in leaf functions (that do not call other functions), it makes (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  WinNT & legOS

I was mistaken in thinking the Long File Name utility ((URL) was breaking makelx. The program, makelx.exe, runs perfectly if typed from the command line. When executed out of the make program, however, it thinks the command line is invalid, whether (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: __attribute__ ((rcx_interrrupt)) : how to use ?

(...) Right. The calling conventions of the H8 say that r0-r3 are scratch registers (aka caller saves). However, interrupt handlers must preserve ALL of the registers. So the rcx_interrupt attribute makes that happen. (...) The compiler will only (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  __attribute__ ((rcx_interrrupt)) : how to use ?

hi there, i´m still not really sure when and why to use __attribute__ ((rcx_interrrupt)) my current assumptions: 1 - it should be used for functions that are called AS interrupt handlers, to make sure registers are pushed onto the stack, and (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HELP - LegOS for Windows

legOS under WinNT - the saga continues. I've done further investigation. Long filenames (LFNs) are not fully supported in a DOS shell in Windows NT. I found a utility that enables LFNs here: (URL) it runs fine up to MAKELX. So it looks like the fix (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HELP - LegOS for Windows

I have also tried the make that came with Ming32. This seems to work better, however I get the following: (line numbers added for clarity) 1>>C:\legOS\Demo>make 2>>Makefile:44: .depend: No such file or directory 3>>djecho -o response " -M -O2 (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HELP - LegOS for Windows

I fooled around with legOS on an NT here at work and could get the individual commands from MAKEFILE to execute from the command line. It looks like NT doesn't properly handle the long filenames from within the make program (and possibly other (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HELP - LegOS for Windows

I have tried it also on my machine at work. Same problem. Both are WinNT boxes with NTFS file systems. Has anyone else got it working on WinNT with NTFS ?? Ian (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HELP - LegOS for Windows

No difference ... I even tried moving the files into the current directory, but that also did not help. David, do you have anyother GCC software installed on your PC ? I will try this at work on my other WinNT machine (I do not have any other GCC (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HELP - LegOS for Windows

Try changing the references to the include files from relative to absolute, e.g.: #include c:/legos/makefile.common #include c:/legos/makefile.user David, are you running Windows NT, also? If this is a Windows NT specific problem, once we have it (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  finally! the whole fix! (was: more on the rotation sensor)  [DAT]

(...) I *finally* figured out why none of my attempts to fix this in the state machine were working. If you consider forward and backward motion: 0 1 2 3 0 031 213 0 3 2 1 0 3 312 130 3 The first line indicates the actual sensor transitions. The (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

(...) (URL) (...) Like I said, I don't mind editing- I find that reasonably simple and not very time consuming. It's the rest of it that is more time-consuming. In the meantime, as a stop-gap, I can probably set up a php based annotation system (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

(...) There are certainly apps available like that in php, which I am much more comfortable with, and feel is (basically) much more secure. I'll look into them and report back. -Luis (...) ###...### Profanity is the one language that all programmers (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact