 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 844
Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 10:55:58 GMT

Thanks for you help Martin. I tried the uart stuff with no change except for
this:

From further testing I realised that the data that the IR Tower is sending is
been recieved by the RCX (woohoo) even though a collision is reported for
every sent packet. However, the IR Tower does not recieve anything from the
RCX even when I slow or stop the packets being sent.

Any ideas ?

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Martin Cornelius writes:
Michael Marklew wrote:

I applied the patch manually (ok. I admit it was fairly obvious where the
changes had to be made)

Maby I made a mistake applying the patch or something as I still get
Collission errors. I tried two IR towers in both near and far mode, still • the
same problem.

Someway it looks like there is another problem with your setup, in near
mode i have never seen the collision problem. Perhaps your encountering
the problem reported by Toni: Obviuosly his uart does not work in 16450
mode, but does work in 16550A mode. You can test that by setting the
uart manually with setserial and run lnpd without root permissions.

abacus:~/lego/lnpd+liblnp/lnpd$ patch transceiver.c < patch-trans
patching file `transceiver.c'
patch: **** malformed patch at line 5: static unsigned char* tx_next;

However, I am fairly sure I applied the patch manually ok.

Should I still get this error?

definitely not. I'll send you the complete file as attachment as soon as
i come home,

so long, Martin