 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 813
Re: LNP Example please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 22:11:49 GMT

I've got 2 RCX's and 2 pc's in the same room so will be working with this over
the next couple of weeks. The 2 RCX units work really well, my next step is to
get the PC's to join the party.

My implementation of LNP so far leads me to believe it is a UDP style
connection. To be sure a message reaches a particular host will I need to send
an acknowledge packet or is this buit into one of the functions I have not yet
used?

Michael.

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Martin Cornelius writes:
Michael Marklew wrote:

Woops sorry I was referring to the bit above that

on the sending RCX there is nothing to prepare, just:
// send packet
lnp_integrity_send(packet,length);

I think this should be write not send.

of course, Michael !

BTW, if anybody out there does LNP communication involving several RCX's
and a PC running lnpd, i'd be very interested in unsatisfying results,
especially regarding congestion -- having only 1 RCX i could never test
lnpd in such situations.

regards, Martin