 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 820
Re: LNP Example please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 11:04:41 GMT

Just updated my libc version (I love apt-get on debian linux... woohoo... it
took about 30 seconds to update about 6 core applications on my system with a
single simple command !!)

Ok. it now complies without a problem and lnp also appears to run ok. However,
I can not get the demo lnptest to run. I get

./lnptest: error in loading shared libraries: liblnp.so.0: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

I checked the makefile and it points to ../liblnp which is where the complied
library is.

Any ideas ?

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Martin Cornelius writes:
Michael Marklew wrote:

Just tell me if I am been lazy but I can't find the argp.h file anywhere.

you are probably using an older version of glibc, which doesn't have the
argp stuff. This has been reported several times, and i begin to think
it was a bad decision to use this interface instead of getopt().
However, it's so easy to use...

If you can't switch to a recent glibc version, the 2 options are:

1 - comment out the argument parsing and hard-code the options you need
at the very beginning of main().

// set options defaults
option_values.highspeed = 0;
option_values.lflag[LNPD_LOG_INFO] = 1;

For having run lnpd in foreground with minimal logging to stderr, you
could change:

option_values.nodaemon = 1;
option_values.logfile = "-";
option_values.dologging = 1;

and leave the other settings (do NOT delete them).

2 - rewrite the argument parsing using getopt() or whatever you like.

--Martin