 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 816
Re: LNP Example please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 11:16:53 GMT

Just tell me if I am been lazy but I can't find the argp.h file anywhere.

abacus:~/lego/lnpd+liblnp$ make depend
for i in lnpd liblnp applications ; do make -C $i depend || exit -1 ; done
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mike/lego/lnpd+liblnp/lnpd'
gcc -M -I. rcxtty.c lnp.c logger.c transceiver.c daemon.c main.c > .depend
main.c:9: argp.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [depend] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mike/lego/lnpd+liblnp/lnpd'
make: *** [depend] Error 255

Thanks again.

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Martin Cornelius writes:
Michael Marklew wrote:

I've got 2 RCX's and 2 pc's in the same room so will be working with this • over
the next couple of weeks. The 2 RCX units work really well, my next step is • to
get the PC's to join the party.

Great, i'd really love doing work like this. If you intend to use
lnpd+liblnp on the PC side, i'd be very interested in the results.

My implementation of LNP so far leads me to believe it is a UDP style
connection. To be sure a message reaches a particular host will I need to • send
an acknowledge

yes, exactly. The addressing layer gives you connectionless
functionality very similar to UDP. A packet may get lost, but if it is
handled to the application, you can be sure it has no errors.
There is neither retransmit nor sending of ACK's in background.
Currently, this is the most advanced LNP Service. If you want reliable
transmission, you have to implement timeout, retransmit and acknowledge
of packets in the application layer.

i'm currently working on a somewhat TCP-like connection oriented layer
integrated in legOS, which guarantees packets are transmitted and
handled to the application exactly once. The RCX side code is 95% done,
but the PC-side code (for liblnp) not even started. However, if you'd
like to try it for RCX<->RCX connections, i can send you a copy of the
code, once i have the remaining 5% done.

--Martin