 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 829
Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 11:23:08 GMT

Michael Marklew wrote:

So I tried loading your patch Martin. Sorry to be a pain, I assume this is how
I apply the patch you wrote?

Pardon, Mike, i should have anticipated that, because i had the same
problem when i first tried to apply a patch. The usage of patch is a
little uncommon: You have to provide the patch through stdin !. Thus,
i'd suggest the following procedure:

- First, copy the patch to file patch-trans ( you already did that, i
think )
- Make sure you have the original transceiver.c from the tarball in
place.
- To keep a copy of the original (optional):
$> cp transceiver.c transceiver.c.old

- Apply the patch:
$> patch transceiver.c < patch-trans
                      ^^^ ( stdin redirection )

The only output seen with a recent version of patch should be:
patching file transceiver.c

If you have an older version of patch, it might output some information
about it's operation. Anyways,
if you get any warnings or errors, like hunk rejected or so, there is a
problem with your original.

BTW, do you experience the same problems when your Tower is switched to
near-mode ?

Have a nice sunday, Martin