 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 781
Re: PC -RCX comunication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 19:04:41 GMT

Jose Antonio Vacas wrote:

Where can I find an example of using PC-RCX IR comunication?
I prefer using windows in the PC.

the only windows example i know about is the dll program, but AFAIK it
was not trivial to get this program to run under winXX.

if you don't insist on being constantly bored by a closed-source OS ;-),
there is another solution: Under linux, you can communicate from
multiple applications running on one or several PC's to multiple
applications running on one or several RCX´s via one Tower, using the
same LNP-API on the PC and on the RCX.

All the stuff you need, including bare-bones documentation and an
example, is on http://arthurdent.dorm.duke.edu/legos/archives/LNP/

BTW, i read on slashdot today that Mandrake-Linux-7.0, which is told to
be really easy to install, is available for free download as burnable
CDROM-image.

--
Dipl. Ing. Martin Cornelius
SCHENCK RoTec GmbH Darmstadt, Germany