 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 787
Re: PC -RCX comunication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 09:54:13 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Martin Cornelius writes:
Jose Antonio Vacas wrote:

Where can I find an example of using PC-RCX IR comunication?
I prefer using windows in the PC.

the only windows example i know about is the dll program, but AFAIK it
was not trivial to get this program to run under winXX.

if you don't insist on being constantly bored by a closed-source OS ;-),

OK. I agree with you about open-source OS. I like linux, but I prefer
using visual programing in the PC side (Visual C++ o Visual Basic).

there is another solution: Under linux, you can communicate from
multiple applications running on one or several PC's to multiple
applications running on one or several RCX´s via one Tower, using the
same LNP-API on the PC and on the RCX.

All the stuff you need, including bare-bones documentation and an
example, is on http://arthurdent.dorm.duke.edu/legos/archives/LNP/

BTW, i read on slashdot today that Mandrake-Linux-7.0, which is told to
be really easy to install, is available for free download as burnable
CDROM-image.

What about the QC examples?
I've seen a easy interface IROn, IROff, IRReady, IRSend IRReceive ....
I'm very naive in legOS internal, but will be easy export an easy (and maybe
low level) interface like the QC one?

thanks
--
Dipl. Ing. Martin Cornelius