 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 855
854  |  856
Subject:
CVS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 00:41:13 GMT

Hello,

I posted my 0.2.4 prerelease candidate in public CVS on
legOS.sourceforge.net a minute ago. Sorry, there are no web pages
available on sourceforge yet. You'll have to register with
www.sourceforge.net to check out the sources, but that shouldn't keep
you. It's free and takes about 60 seconds.

In case you don't want to bother registering, try this (press Enter when
prompted for a password):
export CVS_RSH=ssh
export
CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.legOS.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/legOS
cvs login
cvs -z3 checkout legOS

CVS still works poorly with symlinks, so you'll need to do this, too:
cd legOS/util/dll-src/
ln -s ../../kernel/lnp.c .

From my side, this will be almost strictly a maintenance release. I
replaced all utilities written in Perl with C code (except for the one
to generate disassembly), maintained the Makefiles, added a demo or two
and fixed random() for good. All in all, minor stuff.

I did integrate an older contributed three-line patch which finally
makes C++ new/delete/virtual work. We'll probably need a class library
with LMotor, LSensor, LSound soon. I hope the other patches floating
around will get integrated quickly over the next couple of days, so
0.2.4 can be released soon.

Markus.

--
"Nieder mit den Zitaten!" -Markus L. Noga <markus@noga.de>