 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 811
Re: Too many sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 20:21:50 GMT

Ben Jackson wrote:

     > You could do it but you'd lose rotations as long as the button was
     pressed.
     > You'd probably need alternate firmware to even get that working
     well.

I can live with losing rotation when the button is pressed.  I may have to reset
the rotation sensors afterwards, no big deal.  Besides, if the touch sensor is
active, it means the bot needs to backup and turn, so the rotation values will
get skewed anyway.

I guess it's time to hack dsensor.c.  I tried applying your patch for it today,
but it failed.  As soon as I have the time I'll manually apply the patch.  Then
I'll start poking around to see what can be done to support a touch/rotation
combination.

Rossz