 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 837
Re: (fwd) Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 20:01:21 GMT

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Markus L. Noga wrote:
Martin Cornelius schrieb:
hmm, once again it looks like we need a public place to exchange such
things.. is anybody still looking after the sourceforge stuff ?

Luis said he was, a week ago.

I actually just took care of it- legOS.sourceforge.net is now ours, and
should be propagating towards your DNS servers as we speak. It'll be a
few hours (their setup time) and probably Wednesday (my time- "Mathematical
Foundations of Computer Science" exam) before I start moving things from
arthurdent to there.

Things to do in the meantime:

1) Everyone who wants to be involved as an administrator or coder needs
to register with sourceforge.net. It takes about 5 minutes.

2) We need to figure out exactly what "packages" are going to be
available. I'm thinking: legOS-kernel, legOS-doc (sorry, vladu, but it
just makes more sense to put it here), winLegOS, and LNP. Am I forgetting
anything?

Once things are up and running:

3) Upload privileges probably need to be given to the primary authors of
each of the packages in #2, and any number of volunteers probably should
get access too.

4) public CVS for LNP and the core of legOS (considering the number of
patches I've been seeing flying around here) would also be nice.
Write access, would, of course, be limited to the primary authors, but
it'd be nice to generate "real" patches that would be much easier to apply.

5) a legOS-announce mailing list would be nice (for people who want
important news without the sometimes arcane lugnet traffic.)

If Markus wants, we can also move the primary site to
legOS.sourceforge.net, including the forums and such. Or not- completely
up to the man.

I'll get cracking on starting on these on Wednesday. In the meantime, if
you want access, please register yourselves. Everyone should let me know
what I'm forgetting, too...
-Luis

     Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand.
                  -Anonymous