 Robotics / RCX / *9455 (-100)
  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.10

(...) That's not SO important ;o) I just wondered if I missed something! (...) Don't worry too much for me, it does that only with some of my bricks. Moreover I just made a new try with a RCX that usually needs slow download and it worked fine (...) (19 years ago, 12-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.10

(...) I've only just downloaded 3.3.7.10 having played with 3.3.7.7 for a week [using a serial tower and WinXP] and Vers.10 does seem to have a problem communicating , it sometimes cannot set a program running:The RCX shows the recieving triangle (...) (19 years ago, 12-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.10

(...) Nearly all the dialogs in BricxCC now sport "What's This?" help. The "not entirely complete" part means that I haven't written the help text entries for every control on every dialog. Or, more accurately, I have written just a few of the help (...) (19 years ago, 11-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: error in using brickOS under Bricx Command Center

Here are the contents of my helloworld.mak file: ROOT=/brickos KERNEL=$(ROOT)/boot/brickOS PROGRAMS=helloworld.lx DOBJECTS= all:: $(DOBJECTS) $(PROGRAMS) download:: all $(ROOT)/util/dll --program=1 --tty=usb --rcxaddr=0 $(PROGRAMS) set_addr:: (...) (19 years ago, 11-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.10

Dear John, Your continous effort to improve an already impressive software is very much appreciated - many thanks, and please keep on. Same applies to the NQC-update. Best regards, Dirk (19 years ago, 11-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.10

Many thanks for your commitment with NQC and BricxXX ! (...) Where are those modifications? (...) That's much more convenient indeed! (...) Is it possible to remove a calculated series when no longer needed? (...) Be assured that a lot of people (me (...) (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: error in using brickOS under Bricx Command Center

(...) I am not experienced in running brickOS under Windows, but are you sure you can mix the "/" and "\" in the path names? "\" is Windows style, "/" is UNIX style. (That is why I do all my brickOSing with Linux) (...) Why? I mean, why (...) (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: error in using brickOS under Bricx Command Center

(...) Thank you for your informations. After closing the error message window, I clicked F12 key. The resulting Code Listing Window contained nothing. The content of the file helloworld.mak is ROOT=C:\cygwin\brickos KERNEL=$(ROOT)/boot/brickOS (...) (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.10

(...) hi John, Maybe the silence is just one big compliment, ... ... Bricxcc is totally ready ... Bricxcc doesn't have any bugs ... Bricxcc is doing all that we can wish Although I don't use it regular anymore, I never got the feeling to look for a (...) (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.10

hello, I found that the tabbed windows are great !! I really love them!! good work Cristian "John Hansen" <afanofosc@comcast.net> ha scritto nel messaggio news:InuKD9.AzM@lugnet.com... (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  BricxCC release 3.3.7.10

(URL) just released BricxCC 3.3.7.10. Lots of stuff is unfinished but it has been forever since my last official release. New Stuff (in part): Version 3.3.7.10 has a revised help system (not entirely complete). It adds support for the new Swan (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  NQC release 3.1r3

(URL) a bug in expressions like a = a*2 + a*3; Thanks! John Hansen (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: roboarm activities

(...) I found that either rotating a colour wheel in front of the sensor(with its distance LED off) in combination with a white light -or- using a coloured LED at a _very_ close distance works well; i.e. most materials give a marked response as long (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Latest version os

Hi, Can someone post a latest compiled version of the brickos 0.9.0 (BrickOS.srec) I have some trouble to compile this version Thanks, Jan Kromhout Hellevoetsluis-NL (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  roboarm activities

Hi, questions to all the guru out there. I have spent 20 hours on this roboarm. I am hoping to make it work like a color sorter. - pick up a ball wrapped in tin foil and drop it off at a container wrapped up in tin foil as well. - pick up a ball (...) (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: error in using brickOS under Bricx Command Center

(...) Can you do F12 and post the contents (if any)? Do you have bash installed? While the error message is displayed you can open a command prompt and change directory to the location of your source code file. There you should find a .cmd and a (...) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Latest version BrixCC

(...) I have not yet made an official 3.3.7.9 release of BricxCC. My apologies for the delay. For now you can use the latest version in swan_test.zip. John Hansen (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Can't upload new program after I have used LNP under brickos

(...) Well, thanks for the help, that didn't actually work. But I found it out, what was my fault. In my Program I changed the LNP Base adress of the robot. After that the robot did not react to the default adress 0. So, at the end of the program I (...) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Latest version BrixCC

Hi, I found on the sourceforge.net the Brixcc version 3.3.7.7 and in the swan_test.zip the version 3.3.7.9. Is there a newer version? Regards, Jan Kromhout Hellevoetsluis-NL (19 years ago, 27-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Enchanced Firmware

Hi, Can someone tell me wath the status is of the Enhanced Firmware? and the latest version of BrixCC? Regards Jan Kromhout Hellevoetsluis-NL (19 years ago, 27-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: data recording in BrickOS ?

Am Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:35:05 GMT "Francois Bardet" <f.bardet@voila.fr> tippte: (...) this is not the default i programmed this functions, but the docu is in only in german avialible if you can read german, have a look at (URL) there was an other (...) (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Can't upload new program after I have used LNP under brickos

(...) You had to turn on the lnp, with something like this: (I forget the exact commands) lr_startup(); lr_init(); lnp_init(); Make sure you turn it off: lr_shutdown(); Steve (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  data recording in BrickOS ?

Hi Mindstormers, 1) Does BrickOS allow to write/read measured data into the RCX memory, in order to plot or process it later on the computer ? If yes, what are the command lines to : - allocate the memory space ? - to write and read ? - free this (...) (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Can't upload new program after I have used LNP under brickos

Hello, |I have the following problem: |when I use lnp under brickos, the rcx does no longer respond to the legotower. |This means that I can't delete the program nor overwrite it. | |Pershaps somebody can help. | |Thanks, | |Andy (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Unable to delete programm after having used lnp under brickos

Hello, I have the following problem: when I use lnp under brickos, the rcx does no longer respond to the legotower. This means that I can't delete the program nor overwrite it. Pershaps somebody can help. Thanky, Andy (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Swan scheduling bug?

I'm starting to use the swan firmware and I'm having a problem with the scheduling. It seems like a task with a long wait does not yield properly to other tasks. Here the NQC code sample: task taska() { WaitMS(150); AddToDatalog(9900); } task main() (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  pbrick and firmware

Palm 130, pbrick, rcx 1.0 Can the palm 130 with pbrick be used to control an rcx that doesn't have firmware downloaded? My suspicion is that it won't work without the firmware. Tammy (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: time sampling under the rcx standard OS

(...) Here's a code byte from my LegWay code. ---- int MotorSpeedArray[32] = {1,3,2,0}; // Speeds // ... later in the program... if (sys_time>CheckTime) // check system timer - is it time to check sensors again? { L1 = ReadSensor(SENSOR_1); L3 = (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: time sampling under the rcx standard OS

Hi Steve, As I'm quite new to BrickOS and to C programming, I'm sorry I'm not sure I understood what you meant, neither how you do this : (...) - Do you check the sensor at a higher rate, and only send a command to the motor at 1kHz ? - How do you (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  position servoing under BrickOS

Thanks to your advices, Dick, Matt, and Steve, I've been very happy to solve my time sampling problems, installing BrickOS, which runs the rcx fast enough to get a proper position servoing (using rotation or light sensor, and a PID controller). I (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  error in using brickOS under Bricx Command Center

Dear all, I am new to Lego Mindstorms programming. Recently I installed Bricx Command Center in Windows XP Home following the instructions in (URL) I am able to use NQC and leJOS but not brickOS under Bricx Command Center. (Downloading the brickOS (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: time sampling under the rcx standard OS

(...) Well, in BrickOS, my loops usually execute at > 1kHz, so I usually just set it to check the sensor, and set the motor every 1ms. So it just keeps checking the clock. (...) Yes. There's an option that lets you download an "SREC" type of file. I (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: time sampling under the rcx standard OS

(...) Sorry, I didn't explain. This program only aims at checking the loop frequency capability of the rcx firmware, implementing a PWM. The rotation sensor is only used as a potentiometer knob, allowing me to determine by hand the PWM pulse as (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: time sampling under the rcx standard OS

Thank you Matt, the RCX loops much faster with your advices : about 10 loops per second. But as this frequency depends on the calculations included in the loop, I’m afraid this will not be enough. So I tried to download (URL) but it just appears as (...) (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: time sampling under the rcx standard OS

Thank you Dick, for advicing me to switch to the faster firmware, I’m sure I need both a 1-millisecond basic clock, and the 128 power level capability. So I tried to download it from (URL) but it just appears as a text file, which I don’t know how (...) (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: time sampling under the rcx standard OS

Here are some comments on how to improve your code for real-time performance. 1. Move the "SetUserDisplay" out of the loop and put it just before the loop. 2. I think the "OnFwd" macro is actually two instructions: "Fwd" and then "On". Replace this (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: time sampling under the rcx standard OS

(...) From what I've seen, the standard firmware takes about 3ms per command, and the same program will run on BrickOS about 100 times faster. I usually set up my BrickOS programs so they use the internal timer, and only update the motor setting (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: time sampling under the rcx standard OS

(...) Francois, I think you should be able to get much faster sampling. I can easily get 10-20 Hz, and others have claimed to get down to 3 ms. Whether it can be done at a constant rate, I'm not sure, and think it probably depends on what else is in (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  time sampling under the rcx standard OS

Hi list, I'm trying to implement a position regulation (using a motor and a rotation sensor), using for instance a PID (Proportional-Integr...erivative) regulation. I tried to code it in NQC, using the standard OS, but it seems that the RCX loops at (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  time control : BrickOS versus the RCX standard OS ?

Hi list, I'm trying to implement a position regulation (using a motor and a rotation sensor), using for instance a PID (Proportional-Integr...erivative) regulation. I tried to code it in NQC, using the standard OS, but it seems that the RCX standard (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  IR-based proximity measurement

I'm changing the subject line in the middle of the thread. Wonder what the server will do with that... I tried out Brian's "Max-picking" ping method, as well as a few other things. Here's a summary of what I found: 1) If the active sensor readings (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: direct manipulation of bits in RCX registers using NQC

(...) Correct. A NQC command (say, "Wait(10);") is converted to one or more "bytecodes" (in this case, one bytecode, namely a string of 4 bytes (0x43 0x02 0x0a 0x00), the first of which is a command (0x43) while the following three are information (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: direct manipulation of bits in RCX registers using NQC

Hey, Thanks for all the helpful responses, everyone. Brian: (...) I guess that "firmware" must be the code that tells RCX how to interpret user instructions (NQC, C, IC, opcodes, or whatever), and convert them to binary machine-specific code. Right? (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX to RCX NQC

(...) And that explains why I was having so much trouble with my custom Tcl based uploader in high speed mode. I fixed it a while ago by adding a slight bit of extra time between messages, but never got to the root of the problem. Thanks Dick! (...) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RCX to RCX NQC

One last email on this topic. There's new opcodes in the Swan firmware to support many data bytes in a single "mailbox" message. The standard firmware supports "mailbox" messages with a single byte parm. I found this very restrictive in building RCX (...) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: RCX to RCX NQC

There's another little problem that you may need to program around. There's a bug in the ROM firmware that could end up requiring a 30-millisecond delay between when a RCX sends out a message and when you should start sending the first character of (...) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: RCX to RCX NQC

The message "toggle" bit was a good concept that has very limited value in practical use. I guess the intent was to prevent unexpected behavior when a PC program attempts retransmission after a message failure. Suppose the failure condition was that (...) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX to RCX NQC

(...) I'm pretty sure, both the remote, and the send message commands only have one op-code, and are done differently from the rest. Steve (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX to RCX NQC

(...) Ahh, now I understand why it is called a "toggle bit" - I somehow misinterpreted this to mean a new command had the toggle bit set (to 1), and if the sending unit doesn't recieve a reply it should re-transmit the command with the toggle bit (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: 1.0 brick not responding

(...) Powerbook 5300 with MacNQC: After about 4 seconds "No response or bad response from RCX. Make sure the RCX's receiver is facing the IR device and the RCX is turned on." Palm 130 with PBrick Demo: play sound 1, play sound 2, and play sound 3 (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: 1.0 brick not responding

(...) Generally, that means the IR tower is working. It's possible the tower has become broken, while it sat in a closet, but that's not very likely. So, knowing things worked before, you may be forgetting something. Make sure the memory is cleared. (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: 1.0 brick not responding

(...) Yes, it flashes. (...) Yes it did work, but it's been in storage for a couple of years. (...) At this point, just download firmware. Once I get the communication issues resolved, I'll do programming. (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: direct manipulation of bits in RCX registers using NQC

(...) I agree with Steve that the code samples you posted are probably BrickOS. Now to acheive what you want, it might be a waste of power, but you could always blank off the light itself with a peice of black card or thin black packing plastic. If (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: direct manipulation of bits in RCX registers using NQC

(...) Matt, There are a few ways you can program your RCX. The main choice is if you use the standard firmware, or not. The firmware is pretty much like Windows Operating System. If you use NQC & the standard firmware, you don't need to worry about (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: direct manipulation of bits in RCX registers using NQC

(...) inside the RCX *directly*, not running programs layered on top of the standard firmware. And if you want to use NQC, you have to work within the limits of the standard firmware (OK, ignoring Dick Swan's firmware, which I've still not been able (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: direct manipulation of bits in RCX registers using NQC

(...) Hi Brian, Thanks for your response. (...) I'm not sure if I get this, because of C code examples I've seen, which I'll discuss again below. (...) I've tried this already, and as you say, it works, but the sensitivity goes waay down. For a (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX to RCX NQC

On Mon, September 12, 2005 8:03 pm, Brian Davis wrote: ... (...) ... Somewhere in there, it tells you the RCX will not accept the same command twice in a row. Each command has two op codes that are 8 digits apart. So (I think) for SetWatch you (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: direct manipulation of bits in RCX registers using NQC

(...) Perhaps - but the standard firmware implements a "virtual machine", and so you don't generally have access to physical registers. But... (...) You can configure the input port that the light sensor is connected to as a "passive" sensor (so (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RCX to RCX NQC

In a semi-followup to Steve's earlier "remote battery tester"... While the standard firmware provides almost no way to get bytes into the RCX (other than "Message()", one byte at a time), it can certainly export them ("SendSerial"). And it occured (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  direct manipulation of bits in RCX registers using NQC

Hi all, Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use NQC to directly set bits in RCX registers? And if so, how does one do it? I've seen C code examples of this in a few places, but no NQC examples. Specifically, I want to turn on and off the red (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: 1.0 brick not responding

(...) Tammy, A couple questions... 1) Does the light on the IR tower flash when you're trying to communicate? 2) Did it ever work (did it work before, but stop, or is this the first time you've tried communicating?) 3) What are you trying to (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  1.0 brick not responding

mac powerbook 5300 communicates with the IR tower, but no response from the brick. palm 130 with pbrick, also no response from the brick. The brick powers on and beeps, just no communication with the powerbook or the palm for programming.  Since it (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX to RCX LNP

(...) So, I finally sat down and figured out how the lnp state machine works in BrickOS. Turns out it was pretty easy to add in a new set of states so it can process a standard OpCode & store the parameters in variables. At this point, I'm not (...) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Arrays and functions in NQC

(...) No. No. From the NQC Guide: The RCX2, Swan, and Spybotics targets support arrays (the other targets do not have suitable support in firmware for arrays). Arrays are declared the same way as ordinary variables, but with the size of the array (...) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Arrays and functions in NQC

Two little questions for the NQC gurus... - Is it possible to use 2-dimentionnal arrays in NQC? - Is it possible (and if yes what is the syntax) to pass an array as an inline function parameter? TIA, Philo (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: dll 'error deleting program' with briskOS-0.9.0

(...) I am also encountering this same problem: - I am working with a Linux 2.6 (Fedora Core 3). - The system was downloaded successfully to the RCX 1.0 brick with firmdl3. - But I COULD NOT load ANY program with the dll utility! Each time I got an (...) (19 years ago, 25-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  An idea concerning the new RC trains and a new RCX

Hi, all, I know this might just be a shot in the blue sky, but anyway: Lego is most propably working on a new RCX system. At the Legofan site, there is a discussion about things that should be in a new RCX, and someone mentioned Bluetooth as a (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: different output power at different ports?

(...) I've discovered a thread in legofan (URL) that talks about new features of a possible RCX 3.0. Is there more information that can be handed out? - Dave (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: container in a container error

(...) Thanks Claude. I look forward to implementing the correction. Tom (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: RCX to RCX LNP

Hi. (...) That would be a fun state machine to set up... ;-) (...) It only does so when it receives opcodes between 0xf0 - 0xf7 or a standard firmware message (0x55). Of the first eight, only 0xf0 and 0xf1 currently require further action, with 0xf0 (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: container in a container error

(...) This just was an forgotten bug that with older Robolab versions didn't harm. The solution is to remove the "Value of red container" and replace it by a blue container constant list ("User3") while selecting "RED". -Claude (19 years ago, 15-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  container in a container error

I have been working with the RoboLab programs created by the Convict School to help me with a project of mine and to teach myself RoboLab. Recently I found the new work done by the school in 2002 (URL) download the files and placed them into the (...) (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: RCX to RCX LNP

(...) AFAIK there is no way to receive Lego-Messages, except by editing lnp.c and adding that by hand. The only Lego-Messages that brickos knows of, are those from the remote control and the "send message" opcode (0xf7). It may be worthwhile to add (...) (19 years ago, 12-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  AW: lejos program terminating immediately

Hi Jason, you have to loop within your main program, otherwise main() will be left. E.g. use while (true) { Thread.sleep (1000); } or, use a button listener, and exit when some button has been pressed. HTH, Jochen (...) (19 years ago, 11-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  RCX to RCX LNP

I'm trying to write a BrickOS program that I can use to check the voltage on other RCXs (which use standard firmware). I want to send the Get Battery Power command (0x30 and 0x38), and display the returned value on the display. Can anyone tell me if (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  lejos program terminating immediately

Hi, I'm trying to use leJOS to display the current value of the rotation sensor I have hooked up to Sensor Port 1, but when I run the program, the RCX just beeps and ends the program immediately. Here's my code: import josx.platform.rcx.*; public (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  RE: good way to detect the proximity of the RCX?

Yes, that requires the RCX to receive. What I am looking for is a function which is much like the "is RCX in view" in the direct mode. This function allows the IR tower to detect any RCX in range, even the RCX is in in idle state, but just on, .... (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: good way to detect the proximity of the RCX?

(...) Not sure what you mean here. You could certainly program some RCX's to "ping" each other to determine if they are in mutual IR range. RCX-A sends out a message & listens for a reply, while any other RCX that "sees" such a message immediately (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  good way to detect the proximity of the RCX?

Hi I understand that Robolab has a feature to detect if the RCX is in view thru the direct mode. However, this only means it has to face toward the IR tower which connected to the PC. Then, how about the way a RCX's capability to detect the whether (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: ScriptEd - Question

(...) The MindScript compiler is very buggy when it comes to reporting the actual location of a compiler error, unfortunately. The wrapper I wrote that is used within BricxCC tries to account for the problems it has and adjust the error information (...) (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Extending IR communications

Hello all. The mirror trick works for sending the signals from the IR tower to the RCX (I'm only using a single RCX). However, the return signal the RCX wants to send to the tower isn't transmitted across the mirror. Since you mentioned leJOS and (...) (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Question - VB programming of RCX

(...) Sure. And VC++ and VC#. And now .NET (...) It was here (URL) (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Question - VB programming of RCX

(...) I don't know of many people who use VB to actually program the RCX. It is very possible to do, however, it's not like you may think. You can write a PC program in VB that will send the commands (a program) to the brick, but you still have to (...) (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Extending IR communications

In terms of power requirements and battery life, has anyone here actually quantified how much of a difference that makes? Its a damn good idea - as long as you have white, and relatively flat ceilings. If you dont want/are not able to reposition (...) (19 years ago, 6-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Question - VB programming of RCX

Hi, Are there people who program there RCX with Visual Basic (VB)? If so, where can i find info about that? I do have VB5. Regards, Ludo (19 years ago, 7-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Extending IR communications

Orient both RCXs so that they are pointing towards the ceiling. Set the RCX transmit power level to high (default is probably low power); there's probably some Lejos function to do this -- all it requires is setting one bit in an I/O register to 1. (...) (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Extending IR communications

(...) Have you tried a mirror? Infrared light IS light ! (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Errors compiling threads

(...) Hi Steve, Thanks, you were right about the compiler being ok. I changed "pid_t" to "tid_t" and got the thread statements working correctly. Finally, by consulting BrickOS documentation I found out the new syntax for the old "sys_time" command (...) (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: ScriptEd - Question

(...) Check the line before that. Your code says: // direction_ // direction of monorail const delay1=1500 // minimum stop time in station (10 seconds) const delay2=3000 // maximum stop time in station (30 seconds) // I'm not sure exactly what (...) (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: ScriptEd - Question

(...) Hi Steve, I see the message apearing in the status bar, but it's an error! Error is : Error (0xe0050801) from VPBrick compiler The error apears in following line: const delay1 = 1000 // minimum stop time in station (10 seconds) The word (...) (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Extending IR communications

Greetings helpful companions. Now that I've buttered you up, let's move on... I've built a robotic arm using my RCX 1.0 brick. I'm controlling it via my computer with LeJOS (not important, I think). What my issue arises is if my arm rotates, the IR (...) (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Errors compiling threads

(...) I don't think it's a problem with the compiler. There have been changes to the BrickOS code over the years. I know the value sys_time has been replaced with the function Get_sys_up_time(). You should be able to add this line at the beginning (...) (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Errors compiling threads

Hi all, I am new to C programming but I was able to build the C programming/compiler enviroment with cygwin and brickos 2.6.10 following the instructions at (URL) Later I upgraded to brickOS 0.9.0 and the compiler seems to be working fine most of (...) (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Button events with NQC

Hallo, I am new to developing software for the RCX using NQC. I have some experience using Java programming with Lejos. My Question: Is there a way to react to button events, and how? What I mean is, that I would linke to ask, wheater the e.g. (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: ScriptEd - Question

(...) When you click the download button (or press Ctrl+D) it should give you a message in the status bar, at the bottom of the screen. Steve (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  ScriptEd - Question

Hi, I'm a newby with RCX, and need verry urgent a program (readdy by next saturday), to control a few motors and switches as input. Now, i installed the SDK 2.5 and use the ScriptED (Mindscript Editor). Situation: A monorail track (same track for (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Need RCX tutorial for kids

I'm looking for a programming tutorial geared for kids around age 10. I've found a few tutorials but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Thanks for any help, Corey www.brickitgood.com (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: arrays or for loops

(...) It's a pleasure! (...) Have a look at an application of the For loop in my pump testing setup here: (URL) look at the waveform graphs that are produced: (URL) try to do that in NQC! CS (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  RE: arrays or for loops

This is cool! Thanks a bunch. In terms of feasibility and more sophisticated coding, I would perhaps think coding in NQC will be more desirable as far as teaching high school or college kid. My assumption, of course. ---...--- -------- Elizabeth (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: arrays or for loops

(...) At the main ROBOLAB startup menu, go to Investigator. Create a new project, say Young Brother. Choose Program level 5. Open the diagram window. Right click your mouse to bring up the function palette. Click on the G-code option to bring up the (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact