 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3921
Re: RCX to RCX LNP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:37:08 GMT

Hi.

AFAIK there is no way to receive Lego-Messages, except by editing lnp.c and adding
that by hand.  The only Lego-Messages that brickos knows of, are those from the
remote control and the "send message" opcode (0xf7). It may be worthwhile to add
general LEGO-Message support to lnp.c together with an lnp_lego_handler...

That would be a fun state machine to set up... ;-)

However, I wonder why your brickOS RCX doesn't indicate that it receives a message.

It only does so when it receives opcodes between 0xf0 - 0xf7 or a
standard firmware message (0x55). Of the first eight, only 0xf0 and 0xf1
currently require further action, with 0xf0 being reserved for
unaddressed lnp_integrity messages and 0xf1 for lnp messages with
addressing features. Everything else will be ignored and thus not
visually indicated as valid message (the display is software controlled).

Andre