 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3923
Re: RCX to RCX LNP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:00:16 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Andre Wiesner wrote:
Hi.

AFAIK there is no way to receive Lego-Messages, except by editing lnp.c and adding
that by hand.  The only Lego-Messages that brickos knows of, are those from the
remote control and the "send message" opcode (0xf7). It may be worthwhile to add
general LEGO-Message support to lnp.c together with an lnp_lego_handler...

That would be a fun state machine to set up... ;-)

So, I finally sat down and figured out how the lnp state machine works in
BrickOS.  Turns out it was pretty easy to add in a new set of states so it can
process a standard OpCode & store the parameters in variables.

At this point, I'm not verifying the message with the checksum, and I'm not sure
how that will work for messages with a different number of parameters.  But I've
hacked up the kernal enough to do what I want.

Thanks
Steve