 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3919
3918  |  3920
Subject:
RCX to RCX LNP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:15:42 GMT

I'm trying to write a BrickOS program that I can use to check the voltage on
other RCXs (which use standard firmware).

I want to send the Get Battery Power command (0x30 and 0x38), and display the
returned value on the display.

Can anyone tell me if this seems correct?

I think I'm having a problem with my LNP handler.  When I run it, the IR segment
on the other RCX lights up, like it's getting a message.  But, my BrickOS RCX
does nothing.

---------
//  BrickOS program to poll an RCX with standard firmware and display the
battery voltage on the BrickOS LCD

// I'm not sure which of these I really need, so I included them all
#include <conio.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <dbutton.h>
#include <dsensor.h>
#include <dmotor.h>
#include <rom/system.h>
#include <sys/lcd.h>
#include <sys/battery.h>
#include <dsound.h>
#include <remote.h>

#include <lnp.h>
#include <lnp-logical.h>
#include <lnp/lnp.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

void MyLNP(const unsigned char *data, unsigned char length)
{
dsound_system(DSOUND_BEEP);
        // just display whatever value comes back
lcd_int(data[4]);
}

int
main()
{

int r;

// this call must switch between 0x30 and 0x38
char writethat[7] = {0x55,0xff,0x00,0x30,0xcf,0x30,0xcf};
char writethis[7] = {0x55,0xff,0x00,0x38,0xc7,0x38,0xc7};

// reply = c7/cf, ushort millivolts

cls();
lnp_integrity_set_handler(MyLNP);

r = lnp_logical_write(writethis,7);

while (!shutdown_requested())
{
if (PRESSED(dbutton(),BUTTON_PROGRAM))
{
r = lnp_logical_write(writethat,7);
while (PRESSED(dbutton(),BUTTON_PROGRAM))
msleep(1);
r = lnp_logical_write(writethis,7);
}
msleep(1);