 Robotics / RCX / 2711
Re: ScriptEd - Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 20:34:25 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On Wed, August 3, 2005 3:35 pm, ludo soete wrote:
How do i doawnload it into the RCX? I see a button in the toolbar (Ctrl+D), but
notthing happens. Are there errors in the program?
Anyone out there who can help me?

When you click the download button (or press Ctrl+D) it should give you a message in
the status bar, at the bottom of the screen.

Steve

Hi Steve,

I see the message apearing in the status bar, but it's an error!
Error is : Error (0xe0050801) from VPBrick compiler

The error apears in following line:
const delay1 = 1000 // minimum stop time in station (10 seconds)
The word 'const' is highlighted in blue

according to the HELP file should the syntax be o.K.

Help file example for "const":

program constDemo {
  const limit = 50
  const delay = 10
  output A on 1
  timer t
  main {
    clear t
     while t < limit { on A wait delay off A wait delay }
  }
}

This is the PBrick info:
Active PBrick information:
Version: 0301.0328 Tx power low Power down time: 15 minute(s)
Free RAM: 6100 bytes Program slot: 1

Active Port information:
Port \\.\COM2 is RS232 IR
Execute retries: 3 Download retries: 5
Receive timeout: 200 mS Inter-character timeout: 100 mS
Execute block size: 20 Download block size: 200
Firmware block size: 200

General information for RCX2 PBrick:
Program slots: 5 Outputs: 3 Inputs: 3
Maximum programmable memory: 6100
Tasks: 10 User subroutines: 8
Global variables: 29 Local variables (per task): 16
Global timers: 4 Global counters: 3 Global semaphores: 0

So, what am i doing wrong?

Ludo