 Robotics / RCX / 2748
Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.10
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 18:17:49 GMT

John Hansen

P.S. If you like the improved XP look and feel let me know.  The silence in
response to previous releases has been disheartening.
hi John,

Maybe the silence is just one big compliment, ...
... Bricxcc is totally ready
... Bricxcc doesn't have any bugs
... Bricxcc is doing all that we can wish

Although I don't use it regular anymore,
I never got the feeling to look for a newer version,
so I'm still using an old version.

I can imagine your feeling, ...
... short after you took over Bricxcc,
I started a similar project,
also based on Bricxcc, for programming PICs.
This program has in the meanwhile reached the same status as Bricxcc :-(

To get the "wow" effect again,
I think you've to add real new functionalities,
(although I don't know what ;-)

It's difficult to find new ideas, I'll just write some wild things that
come up:
- ask everyone to brainstorm and tell their weirdes ideas
- automatic update (so also satisfied users will see what's new)
- support of other robots ...
- buildin simulator ;-)
- graphical language on top of NQC, so you can design in FSM models or
flowcharts
- buildin some lego-CAD design package
- exporting sampled data to Excel/Matlab, or even buildin OLE coupling
- if Bricxcc is used at schools, you need hierarchical design tools and
documentation tools
- projectmanagement, like in Delphi, or even better

anyway,
thanks for the beatiful program,
and succes,

Stef Mientki