 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1812
Re: time sampling under the rcx standard OS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:50:00 GMT

On Mon, September 19, 2005 3:54 am, Francois Bardet wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
I usually set up my BrickOS programs so they use the internal timer, and only >
update the motor setting every 1 ms.

This sounds intersesting : could you explain how you set up your BrickOS
programs to use the internal timer ? Does it give the capability to loop and
sample a sensor at a given frequency (which I think I can't do within Bricxcc
under the lego firmware) ?

Well, in BrickOS, my loops usually execute at > 1kHz, so I usually just set it to
check the sensor, and set the motor every 1ms.  So it just keeps checking the clock.

As I need speed I'll switch to BrickOS, so I installed it. Now an other question
: I didn't find where to download this OS to the RCX ? Can I do this from the
Bricxcc IDE ?

Yes.  There's an option that lets you download an "SREC" type of file.  I don't
recall where it is.  You'll just select "BrickOS".

Steve