 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1813
Re: time sampling under the rcx standard OS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:49:43 GMT

Hi Steve,
As I'm quite new to BrickOS and to C programming, I'm sorry I'm not sure I
understood what you meant, neither how you do this :

Well, in BrickOS, my loops usually execute at
1kHz, so I usually just set
it to check the sensor, and set the motor every 1ms.  So it just keeps
checking the clock.

- Do you check the sensor at a higher rate, and only send a command to the motor
at 1kHz ?
- How do you get this command to be looping at 1kHz (I do not know yet how time
is managed within BrickOS) ?
- Is it better to run two tasks independently, one for sensor checking, and one
for motor command sending ?
Maybe you'd have a sample to show how you proces this ?

Thanks, best regards,

Francois