 Robotics / RCX / 2733
Re: RCX to RCX NQC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:15:19 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

Somewhere in there [pg5], it tells you the RCX will
not accept the same command twice in a row.

   Ahh, now I understand why it is called a "toggle bit" - I somehow
misinterpreted this to mean a new command had the toggle bit set (to 1), and if
the sending unit doesn't recieve a reply it should re-transmit the command with
the toggle bit "un-set" (equal to zero, I mistakenly assumed). Thanks for
clearing that up, it makes more more sense now.
   Except...
   How does the remote get around this? Or does it? It seems to imply that
commanding a pBrick with the computer IR link or a remote at the same time would
lead to a loss of commands (same if two remotes try to command a pBrick). Say
remote-A sends a "beep" command with toggle=1 (and the RCX responds, so it's
going to wait for a toggle-0 command next), then if remote-B sends a "beep"
command, it may or may not be executed by the RCX (remote-B having no way to
know weather to set the toggle bit equal to 1 or 0). that's not what I saw, in
that the remote always seemed to work. Did I just get lucky? Or is there
something about the way the remote sends commands I'm still missing?
   Now, back to getting the pesky LCD set to show the battery voltage remotely.
Anybody?

--
Brian Davis

  Each command has two op codes that are 8 digits apart.  So (I think) for
SetWatch you should be able to use command 0x22 and/or 0x2a

That's exactly what I had to do for my battery tester.

Steve