 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3929
Re: error in using brickOS under Bricx Command Center
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:29:31 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Je-Young Choi wrote:
When I try to compile simple demo c files under Bricx Command Center,
I get the following error message
     Compile Failed
     Unknown error code (-126)
Results are the same for both versions 0.2.6 and 0.9.0 for brickos.

Can you do F12 and post the contents (if any)?  Do you have bash installed?
While the error message is displayed you can open a command prompt and change
directory to the location of your source code file.  There you should find a
.cmd and a .mak file with the same name as your source code.  Try executing the
Makefile from the command prompt (without entering cygwin) like this:

make -f filename.mak all

Also try executing the makefile via the .cmd file using bash.  To do this you'll
have to edit the cmd file to point to the copy of the makefile you made earlier.
Once you've done that then type

bash filename.cmd

It should write to the file specified in the .cmd file.  Have a look at the
contents of that file (if any).

If you get any errors while executing either make or bash then you may have a
configuration problem.  Your cygwin\bin directory has to be on your system path,
for sure.

John Hansen