 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3939
Re: error in using brickOS under Bricx Command Center
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:48:41 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Je-Young Choi wrote:
When I run make -f helloWorld.mak, I get nothing.
When I run make -f helloWorld.mak after deleting helloworld.lx, I get
make: *** No rule to make target 'helloworld.lx', needed by 'all'. Stop

I have dug around a bit on my computer and I managed to duplicate your problem.
If I do a make realclean from the brickOS root directory:

C:\cygwin\brickos>make realclean

[lots of output delete]

then when I run make -f helloworld.mak I get the same error you posted above.
If I then do a make

C:\cygwin\brickos>make

[lots of output delete]

then compiling from within BricxCC starts working.  You can do a make realclean
from the demo directory but if you do it from the brickOS root directory the
files required by BricxCC aren't there anymore.  Even if all you do is a make
clean from the brickOS root you will still wind up with a file missing that is
required by the BricxCC and brickOS makefiles (brickos\boot\brickOS.lds).

John Hansen