 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3936
Re: error in using brickOS under Bricx Command Center
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 06:20:41 GMT

I am able to use (compile and download) brickOS under cygwin
but not under BricxCC.

It looks like you are having a problem the "OS root" setting in BricxCC.  It
should be set to something like:

/brickos

I am sorry to say that the modification in the "OS root" setting didn't help.
In fact I installed BricxCC in 2 of my computers.
Both show the same error message.
Thus the problem seems not to be due to computers themselves (but some
settings).

On this occasion I uninstalled BricxCC and reinstalled BricxCC 3.3.7.7
(and 3.3.7.10) following the installation procedure in the site
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/
But the result is the same.

Your posting 3929 on 29th September demanded that
cygwin\bin directory has to be on system path
(in My Computer...Properties...Advanced tab...Environment variables).
But such instruction is not described in the above site.
What else do I need to use brickOS in BricxCC?

Je-Young Choi