 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3942
Re: error in using brickOS under Bricx Command Center
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 08:48:04 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, John Hansen wrote:
1. What version of brickos do you have installed?

I tried with both 0.2.6 and 0.9.0

2. What do you mean by "Of course I did in vain."?

I am sorry for imprecise expressions.
I meant that I followed your suggestions. But the result was the same as before.

3. When you say you are able to use brickOS under cygwin what do you mean
precisely?  Can you write your own makefiles like the one generated by BricxCC
and compile and download your own programs using it (i.e., your own makefile)?

I didn't try yet.

4. Can you use brickOS from a standard windows command prompt without starting
the BASH shell?

I am able to use brickos under command prompt as well as under cygwin.

I uninstalled everything except original LEGO RIS 2.0
and deleted relevant settings in My Computer...Properties...Advanced
tab...Environment variables.
And I also deleted (most of) relevant items in Registry Editor.
Then I installed files following the instruction in
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/
And I set the RCXTTY environment variable to USB
and added c:\cygwin\brickos\util to my PATH environment variable.
Then hurrah! I succeeded in using brickos in BricxCC!!

Thank you for your concern.

The remaining problem is that I am not able to upgrade brickos
to version 0.9.0 in one of my computers.
I succedded on the other of my computers.
(I replaced files in brickos folder with those of version 0.9.0
and I run
./configure; make
But I got errors.)
I guess I have to resolve this by myself.