 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3943
Re: pre-releases brickos-0.9.0/lnpd-0.9.0 avail. for testing/feedback
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 01:40:29 GMT

Hi, I'm having problems getting dllx to work.

I expanded the lnpd 0.9.0 zip file from sourceforge. I did ./configure and
make with no problems or error messages.

Now, I run lnpd with "lnpd --nolock". Then I do "dllx test.lx" and the green
light on the (serial port) IR tower turns on. The program number on the RCX
display goes from "1" to "-" and there is a pause and nothing happens.

The error message in my shell is "error deleting program".

Please does anyone know what might be going on here?

N.B.
I have no problems running dll normally without lnpd running obviously.

Stephen M Moraco wrote:
It's a new year and now you have a new version of brickOS.  Yes, you read
that right... a new version and a first version of lnpd for Linux that
works with
this new version of BrickOS.  Along with this lnpd support, this BrickOS
now supports USB IR tower on Linux.

You can download brickos-0.9.0 and lnpd-0.9.0 from

We are, yep, still working on the BrickOS v1.0.0 release.  At this time we
have two more patches on the "need to apply" list and we are hoping to get
feedback
for 0.9.0 as soon as possible.  If anything needing to be fixed is found,
the fix will be incorporated in either a v0.9.x or the v1.0.0 release. (If
something is realy broken in the 0.9.0 release we will drop a quick 0.9.x
releae to fix it.)

So... Please enjoy.  Please let us know what's working and not by
following the "Reporting What You've found" section of:
http://brickos.sourceforge.net/rptrvwbugs.htm

I'm working on posting the v0.9.0 generated API docs to our website.
Watch for them in a day or so.

Thanks, in advance, for your testing and feedback.

Regards,
Stephen - Member of the brickOS team