 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3868
3867  |  3869
Subject:
pre-releases brickos-0.9.0/lnpd-0.9.0 avail. for testing/feedback
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:11:27 GMT

It's a new year and now you have a new version of brickOS.  Yes, you read that
right... a new version and a first version of lnpd for Linux that works with
this new version of BrickOS.  Along with this lnpd support, this BrickOS now
supports USB IR tower on Linux.

You can download brickos-0.9.0 and lnpd-0.9.0 from

We are, yep, still working on the BrickOS v1.0.0 release.  At this time we have
two more patches on the "need to apply" list and we are hoping to get feedback
for 0.9.0 as soon as possible.  If anything needing to be fixed is found, the
fix will be incorporated in either a v0.9.x or the v1.0.0 release. (If something
is realy broken in the 0.9.0 release we will drop a quick 0.9.x releae to fix
it.)

So... Please enjoy.  Please let us know what's working and not by following the
"Reporting What You've found" section of:
http://brickos.sourceforge.net/rptrvwbugs.htm

I'm working on posting the v0.9.0 generated API docs to our website.  Watch for
them in a day or so.

Thanks, in advance, for your testing and feedback.

Regards,
Stephen - Member of the brickOS team