 Robotics / RCX / 2705
RE: arrays or for loops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:24:46 GMT

This is cool!  Thanks a bunch.

In terms of feasibility and more sophisticated coding, I would perhaps think
coding in NQC will be more desirable as far as teaching high  school or
college kid.  My assumption, of course.

--------
Elizabeth Mabrey

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com
[mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com] On Behalf Of Chio Siong Soh
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 3:15 AM
To: lugnet.robotics.rcx@lugnet.com;
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: arrays or for loops

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Elizabeth Mabrey wrote:
Sorry, I forgot to supply the link... It is at
http://www.ceeo.tufts.edu/me94/youngercon.html.

I know how to put in a simple loop to, e.g., zero out • an array of
containers in inventor level 4.  But, I found this on the • net,  it is
nice and neat for loop - loops through 10 times to zero out 10
containers. All that was included inside a single icon. • Would anyone
know how to created this in Robolab?

At the main ROBOLAB startup menu, go to Investigator.
Create a new project, say Young Brother.
Choose Program level 5.
Open the diagram window.
Right click your mouse to bring up the function palette.
Click on the G-code option to bring up the G-code palette.
Click on the Structures sub-menu (looks like a shaded square).
Click on the For loop vi.

Welcome to the world of real LabView programming!

CS