 Robotics / RCX / *5355 (-100)
  legOS codeI need example code of rcx2rcx communication.

Hello, I want to use one RCX with 2 rotation sensors as a remote to control a second rcx. I own Extreme Mindstorms,have read the legOS howto,and checked the cvs at (URL) Any and all help would be appreciated. ldaiel2@prodigy.net (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Photos of my MOCs

Thanks for all of you. You won't see popup ad again after 24h. Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Pop-Up Stopper (was: Re: Photos of my MOCs)

(...) It also nukes his intended popups. Like his instruction pages... Sigh... Dean (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: inverted penulum

Thanks for the information. We started with the mathematical approach, but this seems to be extremely complex and not too useful for a reliable design with LEGO-Technic and the RCX. Solving that kind of differential equations in real time is perhaps (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Pop-Up Stopper (was: Re: Photos of my MOCs)

(...) Try this if they bother you: "Pop-Up Stopper" (URL) have not tried it, but I am told it works. It is free. Scott A (fut : lugnet.off-topic.geek) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Photos of my MOCs

(...) He would presumably have to find space elsewhere that didn't charge users quite so much for being free, as I don't think any of those ads are his doing... I could be wrong of course. (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Photos of my MOCs

Woha, pop up windows! I got 4! Anyways, i like the artic car, it uses those parts well. Josh (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Photos of my MOCs

(...) Your site looks neat but with all the pop up junk windows constantly popping up it's just too annoying to stay. Any chance of trimming them back? Dean (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Photos of my MOCs

Thank you very much, Bob! I made mistake. I also uploaded some pictures for my available parts to trade with fans, more parts pictures will be uploaded soon. I need train doors and windows, wire ends, 33x3x3 sloped bricks and gear rack 1x8 Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Can't find class js/tinyvm/TinyVM

Hmmm. I've never used the symantec compiler but this should work with the Sun JDK 1.2 (or 1.3). (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Photos of my MOCs

Your URL needs a change. (URL) Fay "Zhengrong Zang" <mikezang@iname.com> wrote in message news:GLGC5M.M8K@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Photos of my MOCs

I uploaded photos of my MOCs just moment, this is first time to upload pictures. Please take a look. RCX Controlled LEGO Train Projects (URL) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: inverted penulum

(...) I have already worked on this subject, because it was one of the projects of the last year teachings. Because we did not have lots of time for this work, this is mainly a rough study. The conclusion of this study was that there were so much (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: inverted penulum

(...) It's been done by UME (Japanese builder). I don't recall exactly when, but he was using legOS-1.0.7 so it was a while ago. Again, I don't know the details of the code, but you could e-mail him. Check (URL) LEGO: (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: inverted penulum

(...) fuzzy-logic? Apparantly a teacher did the inverted pendulum with the gear racks as tracks at the summer workshop in Maine that the media lab always does, but i never actually saw the solution. A grad student at Tufts tried this with a little (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Can't find class js/tinyvm/TinyVM

Hello, I have installed the Window version of Lejos 1.0.3 Beta2. Trying the View sample I get the following error: Can't find class js/tinyvm/TinyVM What I did was: D:\Lego\lejos\exampl...ew>lejosc1 *.java Symantec Java! JustInTime Compiler Version (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  RE: inverted penulum

(...) This problem has been solved many times - it's a standard 2md year universtity-level challenge and is usually taught in a control systems course on PID controls. Of course, I know that your students are in high-school so it should be very (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  inverted penulum

We just started studying the inverted pendulum problem in order to solve it with the RCX and lejos or legos or PBForth. We are not decided yet. At first sight this seems a rather serious problem. Has anybody worked already around the subject? What (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  lnpd for other OSes

Hi all, Does anyone know of any lnpd ports to non-linux and non-windows operating systems? I'm trying to get lnpd to work for Solaris 7, and would rather use someone else's hacked up code than port lnpd myself =P Along similar lines, has anybody (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RCX connection problems w/ a Mac and VirtualPC 4.02

Hello everyone, I recently bought the Robotics Invention Kit 2.0 with the USB IrTower. I own a Mac Powerbook G4 and run Virtual PC 4.02 with the latest additions on my Mac OS 9.1 system. The virtual PC recognized the Tower and when I try to download (...) (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RoboLab 2.5 software with Control Lab interface box

1. I am only using Robolab 2.5 to drive Control Lab. Prior to 2.5 I was using Robolab 2.0 with the free Lego Engineer software to drive the interface. The 2.5 release removes the need for Lego Engineer. In fact I am now getting errors with Lego (...) (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.dacta)

  RoboLab 2.5 software with Control Lab interface box

If RoboLab 2.5 can work with Control Lab's 16 ports, then students could build some fantastic inventions. Let's make sure. Help me here, please. Does the Pitsco description of RoboLab 2.5 ". . . Functions with Control Lab interface box . . ." mean (...) (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.dacta)

  Re: Mindstorms in New York Times

Congrats! That's one insanely cool robot! "JP Brown" <envcons@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:GL1ooH.IxL@lugnet.com... (...) Times (...) Check (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  New to legOS

Hi!Friends, I am quite new to this field but I must say I am enjoying my time spent on this.I am having some problems having the legOS work.I am not finding the h8300-hitachi-hms to download.The one that I found and downloaded doesn't seem to work (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Mindstorms in New York Times

Jack - (...) LOL! Well, if they want to send me a check, they know where to find me (LGC take note: ex gratia payments welcome!). (...) Ummm..., I think that it was picked up from the Slashdot coverage (URL) . Cheers, JP (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Mindstorms in New York Times

I figure LEGO must owe you about a million dollars. Getting this kind of publicity before Christmas in the New York Times is worth a ton of money. But not at all to take away from your acheivement. You earned the recognition. But tell us: how did (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Mindstorms in New York Times

That's great! You totally deserve it! It's a wonderful creation! Good luck!! Eric (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Mindstorms in New York Times

(...) Hey, congratulations! That is so awesome. When I first saw your cube solver a months ago, I thought it was very clever. Back then I don't think you had integrated the camera. I hope you have the article framed or something! -Kekoa (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Mindstorms in New York Times

All - My PC-RCX hybrid Rubik's Cube solving robot made it into the New York Times today ('Circuits' section 11 October, 2001). I couldn't be happier. Check it out online at (URL) . More detail on the robot at (URL) . Cheers, JP (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: lego software won't download

(...) Same setup I have. Is your tower set to NEAR? I've heard that FAR mode is too much power for a close RCX. Dean (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Announcing BricxCC - formerly known as RcxCC

I'm excited to announce the availability of the latest release of my enhanced version of Mark Overmars' original RcxCC program. Due to a recent e-mail from the FairPlay folks at The LEGO Company, I have renamed the program Bricx Command Center or (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: lego software won't download

(...) Second edition. regards, Ian SMith (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: GP2D12 IR sensor RCX active sensor interface?

Hi all, It seems I missed this thread... (...) As suggested by Rainer, if you use an external battery everything is much simpler, you could even use a 4.5V battery to avoid regulator. (...) I don't think you can improve this circuit with a simple (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: GP2D12 IR sensor RCX active sensor interface?

(...) Hi Gareth, maybe you don't need an external regulator ?!?! But, the specs also say that rating of supply voltage is "-0.3 to +7V". Do you know what happens to the sharp if supply voltage rises above +7V ??? (the mux has a supply voltage of +9V (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: 1.0,1.5 or 2.0 ? what gives ?

(...) Instead of using resistors, you can use RAW mode which measures how far in the sensor was pushed. Then use a bit of tape to prevent one of the sensors from being pushed in all the way. BTW, I am lucky enough to have a defective touch sensor (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RcxCC & Fair Play

I'm thinking about calling RcxCC by the new name of BricxCC (pronounced BricksCC). I'm not particularly keen on it or any other name I've thought of or that anyone has mentioned to me. SdyCC? QbwCC? ArsyExCC? Now that one's not bad. :-) Thanks for (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: lego software won't download

(...) Windows 98. regards, Ian SMith (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: GP2D12 IR sensor RCX active sensor interface?

FYI - I just noticed in the component specs from Sharp that the GP2D12 (and GP2D15 for that matter) have a built-in voltage regulator. See (URL) is an external regulator a necessary precaution? Just curious... - Gareth (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: New web site

Cool, I checked it out! That Sensor Multiplexer is heavy duty! Good Job, I'm gonna check out the links section now. Eric (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: lego software won't download

(...) What OS are you using to download with? Dean (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: power_off()

(...) Mike, I ran into a similar problem when debugging pbForth years ago. Make sure that the stack pointer is saved somewhere in the on-chip memory of the RCX BEFORE putting the RCX to sleep. The sleep function puts the external RAM into a (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  New web site

Hi, I have created a website containing information on my RCX 1.5 external power adaptor modification and the progress of my 11 way sensor multiplexter. Other projects and constructions will be added as and when I get around to them! The site can be (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: GP2D12 IR sensor RCX active sensor interface?

(...) Hi Gareth, I guess the three wire solution won't work. (Not tested it myself) The Sharp GP2D12 have a current consumption of about 35mA-50 mA (at 5V) !!!! Michael Gasperi mentioned that an input of the RCX only give about 15mA. ((URL) techno (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: GP2D12 IR sensor RCX active sensor interface?

(...) Thanks. I actually have all your stuff bookmarked already and am aware of your 3 sensor mux :-) What I really want is something simple - like Phillo's design - that is plug-n-play on the RXC. Unfortanately his circuit board is a little bigger (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: GP2D12 IR sensor RCX active sensor interface?

(...) Hi Gareth, i build a interface (mutiplexer) using one input for three (ore more with little changes) sharp GP2D12 and a 9V battery. (Actually Michael Gasperi builds it !!!! I only made some changes !!!!) Have a look at : (2 URLs) more general) (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  power_off()

Hi I have been trying to get the power_off() function to work, but every time I call it it either hangs the RCX just before turning off, or turns the RCX off and I can not turn it back on. In both cases I have to remove the batteries and wait for (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Firmware 2.x

Sorry, I have already found it in the SDK2 beta, that's available on the Lego Mindstorms website ((URL) next question: This download can be used with RIS 1.5 without mishap, right? Thanks! Da Byte (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  New beta of MacNQC

Hi all, I've just posted a new beta of MacNQC. It adds a native version for OSX, updated the compiler to 2.4a4 and added USB tower support for OSX. If you want to try it: (URL) Have fun, Rob Bate rbate@mac.com (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Firmware 2.x

Does anyone have a version of the new firmware (version 2.x) for me? Or does anyone know where to find it? And where do I find the new Spirit.ocx and manual? Thanks very much! Da Byte (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  remote control patch from Mike Zang

I've tried to get Mike's patch to work. Used a fresh legOS installation, applied patch. Compiled fine. But if I try to dll helloworld.lx, dll dies with "cant delete program" error. The -v option reveals, that the rcx sends no ack to the dll delete (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  lego software won't download

My lego software (as supplied with RIS 1.5) won't download programs to my RCX. Firmware downloads, settings can be changed, but programs fail. My programs fail, lego's own programs fail. They fail with the original firmware and with teh newer (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: what Operating systems are there for the RCX?

Hi Kenenth, I suggest checking out (URL) for a *really* big list of development options for the RCX. Every RCX SDK I know of is listed there. -albert "kenneth johansen" <kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no> wrote in message news:3BBB3B27.4E75B9....uit.no... (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RcxCC & Fair Play

How about an unpronouncable symbol formerly known as RCXcc? Oh wait, Prince might send his lawyers... What about: SmartBrick VB (Visual Brick)...<snicker, snicker> PbrickCC Rccx rNQCx RcCcX NQC^3 ...I've got more...gimme time -Rob (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RcxCC & Fair Play

Phenominal cosmic power. Itty bitty living space. I get to maintain RcxCC and deal with everything that comes with it - namely the attention of TLC lawyers. I got a nice e-mail today from the fair play folks asking me to change it to something that (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Update to Business 2.0 Article (was: LegOS forced to use another name?)

This update to the article discussed in this thread is taken from the November 2001 issue of Business 2.0. It isn't on (URL) so I thought I would run it through OCR and post it here for everyone to see. LUGNET gets a mention (but not a URL), and the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  GP2D12 IR sensor RCX active sensor interface?

I recently acquired several Sharp GP2D12 IR distance sensors that I want to attach to the RCX for use in the robotics course I'm teaching at Vassar College. I found an RCX interface circuit for this sensor at (URL) I go ahead and build it, I though (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  LUGNET: SDK for Scout?

can anyone tell me the URL for the scout SDK? i've searched their web site but can't seem to find it. m (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Another RcxCC release

(...) I think it is very quiet around here lately... :-) I've just uploaded version 3.3.1.7 of RcxCC to the website referenced in the link above. This release adds the ability to pass additional NQC switches on the command line when executing NQC (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Lego Robotics Invention System Storage Solution

OOooppss.. Sorry Ed, fixed the link.... Try Again?? Terry> (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Lego Robotics Invention System Storage Solution

(...) Hi Terry - Thanks for that! However - the images from the page do not want to load or perhaps are not linked correctly? Regards, Ed Cox. (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Lego Robotics Invention System Storage Solution

Take a look at: (URL) a look at this low-cost Lego RIS packaging solution: After looking over and trying several methods of packaging the Lego RIS for use in schools and for easy transportation, I found an inexpensive ($7.96 at WalMart) tackle box (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: what Operating systems are there for the RCX?

Hi Kenneth, I can't add to your list, but have had some experience with Lejos which I recommend highly. You can find more about it at (URL) latest version, (1.03 beta) which you can download from that site, has more features and smaller footprint (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  what Operating systems are there for the RCX?

hi all, i realise this is not strictly legOS related, but you guys are the best source i have so i thought id give it a shot anyways. Im trying to list all the options i have for changing the original "OS" and firmware. so far i have: NQC (doesnt (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Loading multiple java binaries using leJOS

(...) AFAIK not, they have to be linked together. To put it another way, you'd need the .class files produced by the Java compiler, and they probably should be compiled against the same library. Then you are almost back to compiling it yourself, so (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Loading multiple java binaries using leJOS

(...) cases. (...) Hi David, AFAIK, lejos is a linker and needs a .class file. The MyProg.class file is the output of the compiler operating on MyProg.java, which must contain the main() method. lejos also needs a path to all the other .class files (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Loading multiple java binaries using leJOS

(...) Just to clarify, for the most part, I already have the *.bin files for contest entries. To run them individually using "lejosrun prog.bin" works fine. But if 'lejosrun' is the tool to download programs, to me it would make sense to use the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Loading multiple java binaries using leJOS

From the readme file : To simply create a binary file containing the linked program, use: lejos -o MyProgram.bin MyProgram You can download a previously linked program with: lejosrun MyProgram.bin You can also download multiple programs in one shot (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

I'm one of the organizers for the Workshop 3D RCX Challenge, a competition being held this weekend. I've never used leJOS before, and have a question: There are several entries in the "Code only" event that are written using leJOS and I would like (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Use laptops IrDA

(...) (URL) may be of interest to you on this topic. (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Math.log probs. (Was: Proximity sensor)

Hi Paul, (...) Ok, I couldn't find any examples for which the Math.log returned 0, either with emulator nor the RCX (I didn't look too hard :o). Maybe you could supply with some examples? The basic routine should be ok! I encountered situations in (...) (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Use laptops IrDA

Hi all, I want to make a program on my laptop so that I can use it (the laptop that is) as a remote control to give orders to my Mindstorm robot, just simple things like turn left/right etc. I'm going to use Java on my laptop, Lejos on the RCX and (...) (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RFC: Mux schematic viability

If anyone with electronics experience has a moment or two, I would be very grateful if they could take a look at (URL) This is a design based on the 4017/4066 multiplexer on Michael Gasperi's website except that I want to use BAT85 diodes rather (...) (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Math.log probs. (Was: Proximity sensor)

Hi, (...) Well, what do you know; maybe I will! :o) I might have some spare time available for just that! Regards, Martin (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Proximity sensor ( Was: Re: 8 power levels, and only 8?)

(...) leJOS (...) Juergen Stuber is working on a Linux release. He wants to get USB support working before he releases it. (...) Hmm. OK. (...) I tried them but it looks as though there are problems with the Math methods. In particular Math.log(<I (...) (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Partial USB support

fyi- There was a pretty nasty (and stupid) bug in 2.4 a3 that would cause a crash if no serial port was specified (either with a -S option or the RCX_PORT environment var). I've fixed it and posted an update (2.4 a4). I suggest that anyone using a3 (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Proximity sensor ( Was: Re: 8 power levels, and only 8?)

Hi, It works!!! Yahhooo!! And I was considering bying the InfraRed sensor from "techno-stuff", tsk tsk :o) This will absolutely cover my needs for now! (...) Well, us Linux users need to settle with this one for now then! Consider replacing all the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: new RoboLab 2.5 compatible with old serial IR tower & RCX 1.0

I received my 2.5 yesterday, having ordered it mid last week when it was not yet available. -Peter "Jerry Kalpin" <jdkalpin@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:GJxHI2.1Bx@lugnet.com... (...) users (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Another RcxCC release

(...) Okay, I've uploaded version 3.3.1.6 to my website this evening. This release should fully support the USB tower - both with the internal RcxCC features and with the USB support just added the NQC (see Dave Baum's recent post for details). Of (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Sending ir packets

(...) Here ya go: Remember start bit (sometimes called 2 stop bit mode) 55 00 D1 ~D1...Dn ~Dn C ~C Add all the normal D parts in a single Byte for Chksum. Code chunk for example ... unsigned char MuxStr[] ={0x55,0xf7,0x08,0x0...xf8,0x07}; count = 7; (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS-0.2.3-tar.gz problems/incomplete?

I posted too soon. Just located the other web site (URL) Scott" <mikesc@nospam.telus.net> wrote in message news:GKFwCM.EuH@lugnet.com... (...) due (...) gcc (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Proximity sensor ( Was: Re: 8 power levels, and only 8?)

Well. Sixth time lucky maybe. I was trying to say this (it is part of leJOS 1.0.3.beta2): package josx.platform.rcx; /** * A 'sensor' to detect object proximity. Sends a short * message out of the infra-red port every so often and looks for * the (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Test

Hi Paul, (...) Seen from my side: nothing! I just tried, and it went through as it should! Regards, Martin (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Test, ignore

Testing on Paul's behalf... please ignore! Sorry for the inconvinience! // Martin (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: color-coded (by target) HTML NQC API documentation

thanks very much Mark !! beste regards, Stef (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  legOS-0.2.3-tar.gz problems/incomplete?

I am new to legOS but a seasoned win32/java developer. I have been having problems making anything in legOS/util or legOS/util/dll-src directories. There does not seem to be a make rule for firmdls and the source loader.c, rcxtty.c and rcxtty.h will (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Sending ir packets

Check the source code for NQC (in rcx/RCX_Link.cpp), or even use it as your underlying comms library. You may spot something Dave does that you don't.. Phil. (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Partial USB support

I just posted release 2.4 a3 which includes preliminary USB support for a couple of platforms. Very little testing has been done, so expect to run into a few problems. Let me know and I'll fix them as best I can. Windows - supported, although you'll (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Another RcxCC release

(...) Well it definitely doesn't work with the USB tower yet. Once I get some drivers for my USB tower I will get it working and post a new version. In the mean time, if you want to use the new code templates and code completion features you might (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: color-coded (by target) HTML NQC API documentation

(...) Section 3.8 SetPriority(p) - Function - RCX2, Scout The first "-" shouldn't be there (and the rest of the line should be right justified, since you're going to be editing) - Mark (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Test

I can't post anything to the Java news group. What's going on? (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: color-coded (by target) HTML NQC API documentation

(...) could (...) Hi Stef, At least two people have asked for a downloadable version, so I created one (it took a few days because I had to dig up a freeware zip utility.. for those interested, I found FreeZip at (URL) zipped version of the (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Psion 5mx firmware downloader

(...) (snip account of fast download - thanks) (...) An electronics manufacturer. Specifically, in this case, manufacturer of a pda with a half-vga screen, a keyboard, built-in spreadsheet, word processing, email, databases etc.which is technically (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Psion 5mx firmware downloader

(...) As far as I know, the fast downloader is not documented except as C code. There may also have been some posts to this newsgroup or the legos one back when that code was written. I forget whether Marcus and I discussed this more by e-mail or by (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Battery status

Hallo all (...) PC. (...) can (...) Thanks, it works. Can i use a trick to get the batterylevel on a Cybermaster( without connecting the PC) br Kalle (23 years ago, 26-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Proximity sensor ( Was: Re: 8 power levels, and only 8?)

(...) Thats right Paul, but what are you saying? :o) Regards, Martin (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Psion 5mx firmware downloader

I've written a firmware downloader that runs on a Psion 5mx (and probably an older 5, but I haven't tested it). I should note this uses the IR tower connected to teh cable serial port (via lego's cable, psion's cable and a null modem adaptor, (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Proximity sensor ( Was: Re: 8 power levels, and only 8?)

(...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Another RcxCC release

I have uploaded another revision of RcxCC to my website. (URL) calling it version 3.3 now. The latest build is 3.3.0.10. Here's a list of the new features: 1) Maybe it works with the USB tower. I have a USB tower but no drivers yet so I can't test (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: color-coded (by target) HTML NQC API documentation

(...) Which function had an extra '-'? I'll make sure to fix it next time I update the doc. Dave (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX sensor interfaces - diodes

I think the real point here is that it is usually necessary to incorporate a bridge network of six diodes to interface to the RCX sensor inputs. The signalling current must pass through at least two series diodes to get to the RCX terminals - a (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact