 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1240
1239  |  1241
Subject:
Another RcxCC release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 22:21:39 GMT

I have uploaded another revision of RcxCC to my website.

http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/rcxcc.htm

I'm calling it version 3.3 now.  The latest build is 3.3.0.10.  Here's a
list of the new features:

1) Maybe it works with the USB tower.  I have a USB tower but no drivers yet
so I can't test it myself.  Would anyone be interested in testing it and
letting me know how it works?  All the stuff it does via NQC probably won't
work since I didn't change the parameters I am passing to NQC at all.  But
I'd consider it a small triumph if it actually says it can find the brick.

2) Bug fixes: Modifications to keystroke command shortcuts weren't reflected
in the editor until after a restart.  This works correctly now.  There was
an access violation if you closed the program while you had multiple edit
windows open with modifications.  I fixed that.

3) Added a Delphi-like "code completion" feature.  It is invoked via the
Ctrl+Space hotkey (i.e., hold down Ctrl and press Space).  It pops up a
scrollable list of all the keywords, commands, and constants in NQC.  As you
type while this list is visible it performs a case-insensitive incremental
search for a match.  Pressing enter replaces the text with the item selected
in the list.

4) Added a Delphi-like "code templates" feature.  This is somewhat similar
to the existing Templates feature in RcxCC.  This version, though, is
essentially identical to the one in Delphi.  It uses the format of the DCI
file containing the code templates in Delphi.  It features a code template
editor that is very similar to the one in Delphi.  The hot key for invoking
this feature is configurable via the Edit Keystrokes dialog on the
Preferences form.  Add the ecAutoCompletion command to the list of commands
if it isn't already there.  Set the hotkey to whatever you wish.  You might
try Ctrl+J or Shift+Space.

Please give it a try and let me know what you think.

John Hansen
JohnBinder@aol.com