 Robotics / RCX / 1455
Re: GP2D12 IR sensor RCX active sensor interface?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 13:20:04 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Rainer Balzerowski writes:
i build a interface (mutiplexer) using one input for three (ore more with
little changes) sharp GP2D12 and a 9V battery.
(Actually Michael Gasperi builds it !!!! I only made some changes !!!!)

Have a look at :
http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~lego/Projekte/projekte_englisch.html

Thanks. I actually have all your stuff bookmarked already and am aware of
your 3 sensor mux :-)

What I really want is something simple - like Phillo's design - that
is plug-n-play on the RXC. Unfortanately his circuit board is a little
bigger in physical dimensions than I hoped for and I'd like to get the response
time up. Browsing around Lugnet there seems to have been several suggestions
of diodes and voltage regulators with lower voltage drops, etc, so I wanted
to see in anybody has come up with an improved circuit. For example,
http://www.techno-stuff.com/3wire.htm has a very nice small powered
sensor RCX interface brick. Has anyone tried something like this circuit
with the GP2D12?

- Gareth