 Robotics / RCX / 1450
1449  |  1451
Subject:
lego software won't download
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 13:11:41 GMT

My lego software (as supplied with RIS 1.5) won't download programs to my
RCX.

Firmware downloads, settings can be changed, but programs fail.  My
programs fail, lego's own programs fail.  They fail with the original
firmware and with teh newer firmware that was in teh lego SDK.

The instant execute thing works, so I can manually single step through a
program, but the program itself won't download.

The SDK will download programs.  NQC will download programs.

Lego technical support have been a dead loss.  Even though I told them I'd
tried everything on teh web site, they suggested I tried the things on teh
website.  Even though I told them I'd tried reinstalling the software,
they told me to try reinstalling the software.  I got a couple of
irrelevant form responses before eventually getting an email telling me
they were sorry they couldn't help with questions about programming.
I've tried everything they suggested, even the obviously irrelevant.

Has anyone had this and fixed it, or can anyone suggest something likely -
it's apparently not a hardware issue, since I can download from everything
I've tried _except_ teh lego software.

regards,    Ian SMith
--
  |\ /|     Opinions expressed in this post are my own, and do
                 http://www.achrn.demon.co.uk/amos.html