 Robotics / RCX / Java / 148
Re: Loading multiple java binaries using leJOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:02:54 GMT

"David Schilling" <davidNO@SPAMsunteleia.com> writes:

I'm one of the organizers for the Workshop 3D RCX Challenge, a competition
being held this weekend.  I've never used leJOS before, and have a question:
There are several entries in the "Code only" event that are written using
leJOS and I would like to load these all onto the same RCX.

For the most part I only have the binaries.  (And that's easier for me
anyway!)  Is there a way to download several binaries onto the RCX so that
you can specify "binary_file_A should be program 1, binary_file_B should be
program 2", etc.?

AFAIK not, they have to be linked together.
To put it another way, you'd need the .class files
produced by the Java compiler, and they probably should
be compiled against the same library.
Then you are almost back to compiling it yourself,
so it's probably more trouble than it's worth.

If you have the .class files all into one directory,
you need to know which ones contain the program entry point (main),
then do

% lejos Main1,..,MainN -o Robot.bin

The good thing is that they share the library code, which saves memory
(memory is tight in lejos).

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>