 Robotics / RCX / Java / 147
Re: Loading multiple java binaries using leJOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 05:54:45 GMT

Just to clarify, for the most part, I already have the *.bin files for
contest entries.  To run them individually using "lejosrun prog.bin" works
fine.  But if 'lejosrun' is the tool to download programs, to me it would
make sense to use the same tool to download multiple programs.

But "lejosrun prog1.bin prog2.bin" doesn't work, nor do other obvious
variations. (Why 'run' is used to mean 'download' is question for another
time. :-)

Anyway, "lejos prog1.bin,prog2.bin,..." doesn't work because 'lejos' seems
to want source files, or something.  I don't have access to those in all • cases.

What I want is something that lets me download multiple .bin files, either
as a batch, or preferably, individually, specifying which program position
they are to occupy.  Sort of like the equivalent of LegOS's "dll -p0
prog1.lx" where the '-p?' parameter says which position to download the
program to.

Is this possible?

--
David Schilling
Hi David,
AFAIK,  lejos is a linker and needs a  .class  file.
The   MyProg.class   file is the output of the compiler operating on
MyProg.java, which must contain the main() method.    lejos   also needs a path
to  all the  other .class files referenced in the MyProg.java   It
generates  a temporary linked binary file and invokes   lejosrun to
download it.  The temporary file is  then deleted.  Which explains why lejos
can't deal with a binary file.
Exactly how all this works when several  .class files are named, I don't know.
    However,        lejos  Class1,Class2 ...
does actually result in a couple of programs available in the RCX.
If all you have is the several linked binaries, and not the .class files, we
have a problem,  since  lejosrun takes only  a single file name.
Too bad   :o(

Roger Glassey