 Robotics / RCX / Java / 145
Re: Loading multiple java binaries using leJOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 01:29:53 GMT

From the  readme file :

To simply create a binary file containing the linked
program, use:

  lejos -o MyProgram.bin MyProgram

You can download a previously linked program with:

  lejosrun MyProgram.bin

You can also download multiple programs in one shot as
follows:

  lejos Class1,Class2,...

The programs will be linked together, and will replace
any programs previously in the RCX. You can press Prgm
to select which program to run.

After the standing man figure appears in the RCX, you
can press Run to start a program. If the program exits
by itself, the standing man figure will appear again.
To stop a running program, hold the Run button while
you press On/Off. Switching off the RCX will also stop
a running program.

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, David Schilling writes:
I'm one of the organizers for the Workshop 3D RCX Challenge, a competition
being held this weekend.  I've never used leJOS before, and have a question:
There are several entries in the "Code only" event that are written using
leJOS and I would like to load these all onto the same RCX.

For the most part I only have the binaries.  (And that's easier for me
anyway!)  Is there a way to download several binaries onto the RCX so that
you can specify "binary_file_A should be program 1, binary_file_B should be
program 2", etc.?

The documentation on the leJOS tools' user interfaces seems to be quite
light, I haven't been able to figure out how to do this.

A quick response would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

--
David Schilling